Confused about tv codecs (1 Viewer)

gwatkins

Portal Pro
December 8, 2013
Richardson, Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I sometimes have audio sync issues on live tv (audio is slightly delayed) and I went through the perfect playback guide and setup tv for MPAR but I have read in some of the forum threads that MPAR should not be used for audio rendering for Live TV. If I understand how live tv works, it uses ts files for playback. The thing that confuses me is that recorded tv is also in ts format so when I setup the codec for TV in MP config am I setting it for Live TV only? Also, on the video codec form there is a checkbox to use video codec for ts files. Is that for recorded tv or live tv or both? Can someone please clarify these settings for me? Thanks.

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    By default mediaportal uses the codec you specify in tv codecs for all ts files, no matter if live or recorded. If you check the box "use video codec when playing .ts..." then live tv will still be played with tv codecs, however every other ts files will be played using the video codecs.

gwatkins

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2013
    Richardson, Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    That's what I assumed. Thanks for the confirmation. So for live TV I should probably set the audio renderer to Direct Sound and then use MPAR for the video audio renderer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom