Confused by different EPG types - Use digiguide? (1 Viewer)

Bond28

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 27, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi
    I am still learning MP and trying to get it configured to my liking. Sorry for all the newbie questions.
    I don't fully understand the EPG and grabbing data.
    I currently have an EPG guide but don't know what type. My problem with it is that I can't get UK DVB-T2 HD channel guide data. It is just a load of symbols.
    I have tried the solution here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...eview-hd-card-uk-85404/index4.html#post785496 and stopped the tuner and refreshed the guide data but still nothing.

I don't mind paying for digiguide. How do I begin to set this up?

Thanks

Paul

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Hi
    I am still learning MP and trying to get it configured to my liking. Sorry for all the newbie questions.
    I don't fully understand the EPG and grabbing data.
    I currently have an EPG guide but don't know what type. My problem with it is that I can't get UK DVB-T2 HD channel guide data. It is just a load of symbols.
    I have tried the solution here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...eview-hd-card-uk-85404/index4.html#post785496 and stopped the tuner and refreshed the guide data but still nothing.

I don't mind paying for digiguide. How do I begin to set this up?

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

This is easy enough to setup but you do need grab a couple of extra programs.

First off grab a copy of XMLTV GUI from here

XMLTV GUI

Follow the steps in the XMLTV wiki here

UK Digi - XMLTVDoc

You will need to set up Digiguide with the channels you need

Note: the DG2XML skin for Digiguide is no longer avaiable from the location mentioned so I have attached it to here.

After you have done all the above you should have a file named TvGuide.xml (or whatever you called it when you setup XMLTV GUI).

Next you will need to set the XMLTV Plugin on TVServer, look at the wiki here for details

XmlTv - MediaPortal Wiki

Now the above is a little sparse but if you grab all the above and have go and post any questions here, will also find me on the #aMPed IRC channel most of the time if you access.

thx

Attachments

• DG2XML.rar
      8.1 KB

Bond28

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 27, 2011
    Home Country
    Massive Thanks
    I have downloaded DG2XML.rar and extracted it. How do I install it though according to the wiki? I doubled clicked the exe file but the CMD box opens and closes very quickly and I see "error".
    I have downloaded digiguide and installed XML GUI.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Massive Thanks
    I have downloaded DG2XML.rar and extracted it. How do I install it though according to the wiki? I doubled clicked the exe file but the CMD box opens and closes very quickly and I see "error".
    I have downloaded digiguide and installed XML GUI.

Did you read the README included in the DG2XML.rar file?

There are a few files you need to copy into the c:\Program Files\DigiGuide TV Guide\..

EDIT: You actually do not need the DM2XML.exe, you just need to copy the "xmltv.dgscheme-web" folder in its entirety into your "C:\Program Files\DigiGuide TV Guide\schemes\server skins" folder and the setup the webservice within Digiguide.

thx

Bond28

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 27, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks. I didn't see that file at first.
    I have copied the DG2XML.exe to my desktop.
    However: how do I set up XMLTV Import Tool to use the exe file now as in point 5 below? Is XMLTV GUI the import tool?

"5) Set up XMLTV Import Tool to use DG2XML.exe as its grabber. You should know how to do this if you have previously been using a different grabber."

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Thanks. I didn't see that file at first.
    I have copied the DG2XML.exe to my desktop.
    However: how do I set up XMLTV Import Tool to use the exe file now as in point 5 below? Is XMLTV GUI the import tool?

"5) Set up XMLTV Import Tool to use DG2XML.exe as its grabber. You should know how to do this if you have previously been using a different grabber."

An expanded set of steps, just installed and tested on my laptop here - after this part is complete you will then need to following the Wiki on configuring the xmltv plugin in TVServer.

Steps:

Download and configure Digiguide with all the channels you require.

Download and unpack DG2XML.rar

Copy the "xmltv.dgscheme-web" folder in its entirety into your "C:\Program Files\DigiGuide TV Guide\schemes\server skins" folder

From the DigiGuide application select Tools->Customize

Click on Webservice and in the dialog that appears check 'Enable Web Service' and set a password you know.

Start XMLTV GUI

Select Tools->Settings

From the 'Global Settings' tab
    Set the filename to save listings to, I use E:\EPG\TVGuide.xml

Click the 'Grabbers' tab

Tick the 'UK_Digi' Grabber and optionally move this to the top of the list.

Highlight the 'UK_Digi' Grabber and click the settings button

The first box should be filled correctly with the DigiGuide webservice connection info

http://localhost:2402/

Eneter the password you set in the DigiGuide application in the second box and click OK

Click OK again to get back to the main XMLTV GUI screen and click 'Grab Listings'

This should then start downloading the data and when finished you will have a TVGuide.xml in the folder you specified.

thx

Attachments

• dg1.jpg
      dg1.jpg
      93.8 KB
    • xmltv1.jpg
      xmltv1.jpg
      93.1 KB
    • xmltv2.jpg
      xmltv2.jpg
      131.9 KB
    • xmltv3.jpg
      xmltv3.jpg
      43.3 KB
    • xmltv4.jpg
      xmltv4.jpg
      180.1 KB

Bond28

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 27, 2011
    Home Country
    Done that. Sorry for being slow. That is a massive help. Just to confirm: I have saved the epgdata.xml file in a newly created folder. I note that in the same folder there needs to be the XMLtv.dtd file. Do I copy the dtd file and place it in the newly created folder along with the epgdata.xml file or should I really save the epgdate.xml file in the XMLTV folder?
    Almost there

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Done that. Sorry for being slow. That is a massive help. Just to confirm: I have saved the epgdata.xml file in a newly created folder. I note that in the same folder there needs to be the XMLtv.dtd file. Do I copy the dtd file and place it in the newly created folder along with the epgdata.xml file or should I really save the epgdate.xml file in the XMLTV folder?
    Almost there

It's no problem, it can be a little daunting when first seeing this stuff.

To be honest I have never bothered with the dtd file but then again I now use 4THERECORD (but thats something we dont want to get into yet) - try without the dtd file first.

If you now have a full read though the Wiki (XmlTv - MediaPortal Wiki) on setting up the xmltv plugin, the first thing you need to do is point xmltv at your file and then switch to the Mapping tab, check 'Partial match' and click 'Load/Refresh'.

This will load in the file showing you the best matching guide data for your channels, the next bit is a slog but you need to check each channel has the correct mapped channel. When this is done click save and go back to the 'Genera' tab and click 'Import'.

If all gone well you should have a fully populated EPG when it all completed, how long this takes depends on how many channels you have.

thx

Attachments

• tvs1.jpg
      tvs1.jpg
      204.7 KB
    • tvs2.jpg
      tvs2.jpg
      303.1 KB

Bond28

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 27, 2011
    Home Country
    I see thanks. I currently use 4TR too. Will this interfere with this setup?

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    I see thanks. I currently use 4TR too. Will this interfere with this setup?

Ah...even eaiser then, you dont need to do the xmltv tvserver plugin part - 4TR can read the xml file directly.

Just copy the TVGuide.xml (think it needs to be named that) to C:\Program Files\For The Record\Services\XMLTV

Set 4TR so that XMLTV overwrite DVB-EPG and make sure all you channels are linked correcly in the 4TR plugin in TVServer.

This is the way I run it and use DigiGuide data as it provides the content that 4TR uses.

I am leaving the office now and heading for the Pub, will keep an eye on this thread but will not be able to reply fully till later.

thx

Attachments

• 4tr.jpg
      4tr.jpg
      257.2 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom