Confused by different EPG types - Use digiguide? (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    In xmltvGUI settings the output path should be C:\Program Files\For The Record\Services\XMLTV\data.xml

Then all the matches are done in the FTR console.

HD info also available free from radiotimes.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    In xmltvGUI settings the output path should be C:\Program Files\For The Record\Services\XMLTV\data.xml

Then all the matches are done in the FTR console.

HD info also available free from radiotimes.

Guess it must just look for an XML file in that folder I have always named it tvguide.xml.

Never had great success matching in the console I tend to make sure the channels are all linked correctly in the 4TR tvserver plugin, will have to try again.

Bond28

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 27, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks.

edit - I have made progress and deleted some original text from here.
    Now I am basically missing some EPG data for a number of "television guide channels" that I may have deleted. How do I get them back as not all the channels are listed here:

GuideChannels.png

and here I want guide date for 301 but it is not showing:

Channelguide.png

I'm almost there

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Go into the 4TR console and then groups and delete the "All Channels" group, may seem like an odd thing to do but should fix the problem.

Thx

Bond28

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 27, 2011
    Home Country
    Hmm. I had already tried that. All groups are deleted and still will not show all guide data. It is certain guide channels that is missing as seen in the fist image of my last post. I must somehow need to refresh it but I can't think where.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Did you reboot after clearing all channels group, trouble with sql db's they do not always update straight away, learnt that the hard way, regarding 301 it should be as in pics

sshot-22.jpgsshot-23.jpg

Bond28

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 27, 2011
    Home Country
    That seems to have done it thanks. Although the only channel I seem to be missing is 4Music. Do real hardship. Project Media Portal is on hold over the New Year period. Thanks all and have a Happy New Year
    Paul

picturepete

Portal Member
    February 29, 2020
    Home Country
    It's no problem, it can be a little daunting when first seeing this stuff.

To be honest I have never bothered with the dtd file but then again I now use 4THERECORD (but thats something we dont want to get into yet) - try without the dtd file first.

If you now have a full read though the Wiki (XmlTv - MediaPortal Wiki) on setting up the xmltv plugin, the first thing you need to do is point xmltv at your file and then switch to the Mapping tab, check 'Partial match' and click 'Load/Refresh'.

This will load in the file showing you the best matching guide data for your channels, the next bit is a slog but you need to check each channel has the correct mapped channel. When this is done click save and go back to the 'Genera' tab and click 'Import'.

If all gone well you should have a fully populated EPG when it all completed, how long this takes depends on how many channels you have.

thx
    Hi I have successfully got the tvguide.xml to import but it hasn't taken all the channels as in the digiguide, is there a limit to how many channels it can do?

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom