Confused!!! How do you configure STB to PC (1 Viewer)

hardcorehire

Portal Pro
April 1, 2008
OHIO
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I know all the information is out there, but at this point there is so much information out there it is hard to find what you are looking for so here is what I would like to accomplish.

I would like to at the least change channels on my Time Warner cable box DCH-6200 STB over firewire. I just installed a new 1394a Firewire card and connected it to my PC and plugged in my STB. I tried using Tim Moores firestb and am having problems. I got the AV/Panel and unkown to install, but when I go to install the Tuner it acts like it is going to install and then has an error saying:

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it?
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

I have no idea what to do about that. I am running server 2008. Regardless if I can get it installed what other programs do I need to install to control STB over Firewire. I read about IRRS and ExternalChannel Changer and MCE replacement plugin. What exactly do you need and how do you set it up. I installed external channel changer on TV server, but when I go to that plugin I don't see anything come up on the screen it just shows me the last tab I was on.

Also is there a way to watch live TV over the firewire port yet? I would like to watch tv and change channel over firewire if possible.

I LOVE mediaportal and have everything working fine, but struggle with the best way to watch live tv using Set Top Box.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

hardcorehire

Portal Pro
April 1, 2008
OHIO
Home Country
Please how do other people have this configured? Really looking to watch tv soon. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Thanks.

egandt

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2007
    I'm looking for similar information for setting up a 4250HD by Scientific Atlanta.

Thanks,
    ERIC

hardcorehire

Portal Pro
    April 1, 2008
    OHIO
    Home Country
    Thanks PA

Yes I actually ran across your post a couple days ago and it works great now!!!!!!

Thanks so much never would have got that myself.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom