Connect to tv server 1.16.0 pre release (1 Viewer)

Cam

Portal Pro
February 28, 2012
Georgia
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
lost connection to the TV-server, In MediaPortal Configuration TV/Radio I test for connection and it is good (connected)
I run mediaportal go to live tv it says i have been disconnected, can't connect to tv-server or database
also that all ip ports seem fine.

I have reinstalled, restarted same problem.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Heya Cam :)

c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\gentle.config has somehow been corrupted.
    Replace it with c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\gentle.config and you should be good to go again.

P.S. I see you've updated to MP 1.16 PR. Don't forget to install the patch from -->here<--. It's still needed.

Cam

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2012
    Georgia
    Home Country
    Hey MM1352000,
    Ran into another snag. The next time I tried to use the live TV it did the same thing. I might be having computer issues??
    So I messed around for a few hours trying to get the thing to connect in ver 1.16.0, it shows up on my computer that is a dedicated TV server, showing that that computer was tuning the channel.
    I have one other computer doing the same thing, so not just this computer.

So I uninstall MP completely restarted the computer. I installed a lower ver just to test and it does the same thing.
    Can it be a windows 10 setting blocking the stream from the TV server??

Attachments

• TV Server.jpg
      TV Server.jpg
      165.4 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Cam, the gentle.config file is copied from server to client at certain times. From your description it sounds like you may be running multiple TV Server installations. If yes, perhaps one of them has a corrupted gentle.config file?

Cam

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2012
    Georgia
    Home Country
    Since I have a dedicated TV server, should I copy from c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\
    to c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\ on the TV Server? Because....

Since your last post, I installed client only on the other computer and it still same problem.

Cam

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2012
    Georgia
    Home Country
    Finally got it working..:)
    Uninstalled all MP again, cleaned registry with ccleaner, restarted computer this time made sure the firewall was on, installed client only
    when it asked for firewall permission I checked both private and public.
    Does any of this make sense to you?;)
    Thanks for your help!!(y)(y)(y)(y)

Cam

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2012
    Georgia
    Home Country
    Well I got one working, I am changing the installs on all my PC's to client only
    I am having trouble again connecting to the tv server, I did all the steps above the same way and still won't connect.
    In MediaPortal Configuration TV/Radio I test for connection and it is good (connected)
    I noticed in client only install there is no My sql or gentle.config

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom