[solved] Connection to TV Server MySQL (1 Viewer)

Idro

Portal Pro
February 13, 2015
Santa Marinella (Roma)
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hello,

I installed Mediaportal version 1.24 including the TV Server on my home theater pc.
For this last one, when it asks me to connect to mySQL (this is the database I chosen but it is not a preinstalled program and I had mediaportal do it all) I get the error I attached.
I don't understand why it refuses connection, HTPC is the name of the computer.

Maybe I have to give the grants to access to database, but how could I do to connect to the database e give these grants?

Attachments

• Cattura.JPG
    Cattura.JPG
    63.3 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If you didn't change the root-password it should be fine...
    Fresh installation? If so an option is to uninstall MediaPortal and mysql (including all data/programdata folders etc) and start from scratch again?
    can you log into mysql with other tools? (f.e. mysql workbench?)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    it asks me to connect to mySQL
    Two days ago I did a first-time install of MP 1.24F on a fresh install of 64-bit Windows 7 (i.e. no MP, TV Server, or MySQL previously installed on it). It all proceeded without problem (y). I did not get any windows appearing relating to MySQL. The only windows that appeared came from the Windows Firewall asking me if I wanted to allow access (action: make sure the correct box is ticked and click "Yes").

Your symptoms are reminiscent of a problem that I encountered when performing an update install (i.e. not a first-time install). Older versions of MP used MySQL 5.1, but more-recent versions use MySQL 5.6. If the MP installer detects MySQL 5.1, it will offer to update it for you, but this never works -- you get the pop-up that you encountered. I tried different combinations of actions, but I never could get it to work, so in the end I gave up.

If this is your problem, the MP installer will display a panel with an option to update MySQL already selected. You need to deselect this option, so that MySQL will stay at the 5.1 level. Doing this, I found that the installer would then complete successfully, and MP still works OK.

MySQL 5.6 with new databases is more robust than MySQL 5.1 with old databases. "More robust" means that there is less probability that the databases will become corrupt. The "old" and "new" refer to the way that the database is organised internally.

If you want to update to MySQL 5.6, you will need to reformat your C: drive and re-install Windows.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think uninstalling MP and Mysql (including removing any remains of it) should do the trick.
    And my guess would be that after uninstall, if you remove the programdata folders of Mediaportal and Mysql is enough

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    wouldn't think they are that important. My bet is that either they are removed on uninstall, or overwritten at install.
    I sure would try that first before wiping disks and start from scratch

Idro

Portal Pro
    February 13, 2015
    Santa Marinella (Roma)
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Ok, I solved it.

My mistake was to uninstall mediaportal, tv server only but not mysql. After uninstalling all three, and repeating a fresh installation it went all good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom