Connection to TV service lost (2 Viewers)

mykiddosdaddy

Portal Member
February 5, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I know there have been quite a few posts on this topic, but I could not find any that seemed to work. Anyway whenever I try to view TV channels all I get is "Connection to TV service lost." I looked at the logs (attached) and in the TV server logs it said

Code:
2011-11-04 21:35:13.780508 [TVService(6)]: Controller: sorry, master/slave server setups are not supported. Since there is already another server in the db, we exit here.

My tuner is a HDHomerun dual tuner. I can view channels with the QuickTV app that came with it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sean

Da_JoJo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It means you have installed a server/client and a standard installation.
    Probably if you do a full uninstall with the deployment tool and then reboot, it be fixed.
    When you run the setup make sure u choose the advanced option to install a dedicated tv-server.
    Then run the installer again and choose mediaportal tv client.
    This probably works better :)

mykiddosdaddy

Portal Member
    February 5, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks for the reply.

I tried just uninstalling and re-installing and that did not work. I will try this and then report back this afternoon when I get home from work.

Thanks again.
    Sean

Da_JoJo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    it is best to do a full uninstall just in case some old stuff is still in ur pc , specially when there are program related errors.
    no problem.. happy to help out :)

mykiddosdaddy

Portal Member
    February 5, 2011
    Home Country
    Just finished your suggestions. SUCCESS! Thanks again. Now to reinstall plugins and get everything working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom