Connection to TV Service lost (1 Viewer)

chuvke

Portal Member
December 30, 2006
TV-Server Version: 1.0.1
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.1
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: XP Pro
CPU Type:
HDD:
Memory:
Motherboard:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Single-seat setup

Hi all,

I was happy to notice that v1.0.1 was released last week , because i've been following bug
Connection to Tv service lost for a while now.

Unfortunately I still have the same problem as before

If I disconnect the network cable,I recieve the error "Connection to TV Service lost" and the program guide doesn't work anymore. (Some message about a #label or something)

I've to restart MP (client only) to get it working again.

Disconnecting the network cable isn't something that is happening often, but in my case the network is disconnected every day (router switched off) and that causes the same problem (
This means that every day I have to restart MP Client manually.

I used to have the computername instead of 127.0.0.1 in the MP Configuration/TvServer. Changed it now to 127.0.0.1 but still same applies.

If the network connection is up again (router on) it is however possible to get it working again, by going to the MyTv and select "Turn tv on" button. Then the program guide reappears also.

At least in this way I can get it working again by using the remote.

I hope this bug will be fixed soon. It appeared since V1.0 final, before that I haven't had this problem.

Greetings,
Chuvke

Fredd_1001

Portal Pro
October 28, 2007
Almere
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Same problem here. I have an experimental hardware setup for testing purposes. Because of the WAF, I have to take out a LAN connection (cable is lying over the floor) when I stop working on the system. So I go to S3 standby and take out the cable. A resume then allways gives the connection to TV server lost error.

DerZwen

Portal Member
August 2, 2007
I second that,
and it's bugging the hell out of me, because it's allways happening while the wife is watching her shows. You guys surely know the nagging I get. "Get the old Set-top Box back that never happended there..."
Solution would be greatly appreciated

couchman75

Portal Member
February 19, 2007
Adelaide
Home Country
Hi Guys

I had the same issue a while back and endied up installing a Microsoft Loopback adapter as a workaround, this ensures there is a network device always present and connected even when your hardware device is disconnected. Just Microsoft Loopback Adapter add via control panel/add hardware.

Cheers
Russ..

craigparris1

Portal Pro
May 20, 2008
Home Country
Sounds like loopback adapter is the way to go for people who are having issues with network connections dropping out, or cables getting disconnected. Do a search on the forums about "loopback" - I recall seeing posts by a few different people about the best way to implement the loopback and the various "hosts" file entries to use. You'll always want to find a post called "Windows Defender breaks localhost" (or similar to that) which can be the cause of connections to the Tv Service being lost.

Cheers,
Craig

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    To all of you!
    This section requires logs attached to bug reports or they will get deleted(which is a shame cause i would like to get all those issues sorted, but it works here & logs is the only thing we can work from)

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom