Connenting external STB to HTPC... (1 Viewer)

dominique

Portal Pro
May 17, 2007
sdfsdfsdf
Home Country
Cameroon Cameroon
Hi,

I have HTPC and media portal, and before few days I connecet exsternal STB to my HTPC. Everything works fine. I use blasting system for controling STB. But only "problem" is quality of picture. I must use component cable (red and white) while STB has only this otuput, and scart. I connect this component cable to my Hauppage PVR150 and capture signal from STB. Picuture is ok, but can be better I'm sure. What I can do about this? Something inside codec? Something inside STB? Or maybe inside LCD?.. I'm sure that something can improve qualty of picture.. Please help? Thank you

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    1. Are you sure that the SCART can not output s-video
    2. Tried nVidia PV codecs?
    3. Increase bitrate. You can use the "Quality control" in setup .> TV-card (TVE2 - for TVE3 you have to fiddle with registry or GraphEdit.

Good luck!

dominique

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    sdfsdfsdf
    Home Country
    Cameroon Cameroon
    1. I'm not sure what you mean about 1. answer. I have scart output on Humax STB. If I connect scart on Humax STB i must convert this to S-vidio and connect to Hauppage PVR150. I'm not sure is this better solution than connection via composit cable (yelow chinc).. In first post I make error. I write that I use component cable , but i use composite cable . (yelow color). Sound goes via red and white cable.

I know that I have something like S-video , RGB ... etc . in menus in Humax STB, but I dont know what this mean. I see only Scart and composit output on STB.

2. I try Nvide pure video codec, but result is same like with ffdshow.
    3. i'm not sure how to do this. I will try when I go home. Now im not sure where is "Quality control", but I will find.
    Than you,

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Remember that SCART us only a connectio type- not a signal type(like s-video, RGB etc).

You might be able to set your STB to send s-video signals using the SCART connection. This is by far superior to compositt.

dominique

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    sdfsdfsdf
    Home Country
    Cameroon Cameroon
    I buy ScCART to S-VIDEO cable and setup STB to sent S-video signal, and now I'm very happy. Picture is excelent. Much better then composit. Thank you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom