Consolidate MediaPortal Web Applications (3 Viewers)

est68

Portal Member
May 6, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
AW: Consolidate MediaPortal Web Applications

He - cool idea, hope it will be going soon!

Maybe it would be good if the architecture has a "plugin registration" capability, meaning that I could write a new TvServer plugin exposing some services/methods and be able to register these services as WebServices with the WebService host which handles Authentification, Error Handling, ... centrally.
Maybe based on a standardized Interface?

I'll be watching this closely and if you need a tester, let me know.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I made a start with the HTML.

Login :: MediaPortal WebInterface
    Guide :: MediaPortal WebInterface (not sure about the epg yet, stole it from nu.nl/tvgids)

Please tell me if you like it. It's just a start..

Hey that looks really great, simple but still stylish... The program guide form nu.nl looks pretty darn great so I it's a great place to start (NU TV Gids).

est68 said:
    Maybe it would be good if the architecture has a "plugin registration" capability, meaning that I could write a new TvServer plugin exposing some services/methods and be able to register these services as WebServices with the WebService host which handles Authentification, Error Handling, ... centrally.
    Maybe based on a standardized Interface?

Not sure if this can be done easily but it would be a great feature.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I made a start with the HTML.

Login :: MediaPortal WebInterface
    Guide :: MediaPortal WebInterface (not sure about the epg yet, stole it from nu.nl/tvgids)

Please tell me if you like it. It's just a start..

Nice and simple, just what you need. I'd try to keep the horizontal blanks between channels at a minimum so you can fit more on one screen.

How will you handle selecting the next time period? Is that a new page refresh or will you have some Ajax goodies for us :D

Keep up the good work!

:D

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ajax may be possible. I can't promise if the guide will be as nice as the Nu.nl guide (probably not). If someone thinks he could make a guide like the Nu.nl guide.. Help! :D
    Keep in mind that I never made Ajax things in combination with asp..

Yeah there wont be hardly any space between the channels.. This was just a test thing for how the HTML could be done :) That's why I totally stripped out the JS :)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ajax may be possible. I can't promise if the guide will be as nice as the Nu.nl guide (probably not). If someone thinks he could make a guide like the Nu.nl guide.. Help! :D

Yeah there wont be hardly any space between the channels.. This was just a test thing for how the HTML could be done :) That's why I totally stripped out the JS :)

btw dragy, is the current WebService enough for you to start working on the html? You said that you were initially missing functionality with them but most of it should be there, right?

I have little time for now so I thought I'll start a discussion now so that when I have much more time to work on this (in a month or so), I can start coding right away... Also maybe by then cheezey has figured out how to implement the streaming module ;).

From what I've seen we should definitely be able to get a few people together to make this work. :)

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

btw dragy, is the current WebService enough for you to start working on the html? You said that you were initially missing functionality with them but most of it should be there, right?

I have little time for now so I thought I'll start a discussion now so that when I have much more time to work on this (in a month or so), I can start coding right away... Also maybe by then cheezey has figured out how to implement the streaming module ;).

From what I've seen we should definitely be able to get a few people together to make this work. :)
    Actually.. Yes :) Haven't really looked in to it already.. Today I will try some things.

I've got a question.
    Is there some function like PHP's include() for ASP? Would be nice, so I don't have to change every page if I only want to change the menu.

There is a lot new for me. I see forms are a little bit different in with asp stuff.. I have to figure it all out first.

//edit
    Lets follow this first :p http://www.w3schools.com/aspnet/aspnet_intro.asp

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Okay. This is what I got so far. See the attachment.
    See TVServerStatus too see with what I'm struggling with. The menu thing has to be improved..

Attachments

• MediaPortal WebInterface.png
      MediaPortal WebInterface.png
      55.2 KB
    • MPWeb.zip
      1 MB

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Okay. This is what I got so far. See the attachment.
    See TVServerStatus too see with what I'm struggling with. The menu thing has to be improved..

Wow, that looks really great.

Just sent me a PM if you have any questions :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom