Consolidate MediaPortal Web Applications (1 Viewer)

est68

Portal Member
May 6, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
AW: Consolidate MediaPortal Web Applications

Hello,

simple answer: Just type in a browser (need to replace this IP with the IP of your TvServer host):

http://192.168.1.6:8080/TvServiceWebServices.asmx

You get a list of available WebServices and you can even invoke them from that page

Beeing a new owner of an iPad I am highly interested what you find out what can be done with it :)

cheers

Eckehard

Koen Zomers

Portal Pro
November 7, 2010
Twente, Overijssel
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Whats the current status on this project? I'm a Microsoft .NET certified developer (11 certificates) and am gladly willing to offer a helping hand in achieving these superb goals. Just let me know how I can assist.

Am I right that this topic is the current release of the product described here?

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
February 4, 2009
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
To move this thread a bit forward:

Me diebagger and KoenZomers already talked a bit about the new tv server webservice which is currently developed i also had a quick look on the great work of cheezey with his MPCC (MP Client Controller).
May be we should port it to WCF too, then we i think we would have a great base of services to provide most features needed.
The only thing which than is missing is the transcoding part, but i think this should be an extension to the webservice and not part of the service itself or am i wrong?

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Mike, you might also want to have a look at wifiremote - Project Hosting on Google Code, maybe this can be integrated as well.

I had a look through your (top-secret :p) sourcecode and I really liked the whole architecture.

I'm also in the talks of getting these projects a better place in the forums ;)

Koen Zomers

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2010
    Twente, Overijssel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    In my opinion we should keep the webservice easy and simple and not make the same mistake again to include all kind of side tools in the webservice. Those tools should be seperate projects which use the webservice to gather information regarding the Media Portal service. More functionality means more chances of instability means a crippled base framework and more possibilities of yet another webservice that will never be finished. Mike his first webservice release looks very promising in that. Please don't start about integrating this and that again :)

Mike, do you have a link to what MPCC is? Couldn't find anything via Google. I'm just starting to get to know the architecture behind MediaPortal, so I'm wondering why there needs to be transcoding for this webservice? Can't we just pick up the streams generated by MediaPortal itself? If the answer is that transcoding could be useful to provide a lower bitrate stream for mobile devices, again.. this should be a seperate project on its own which provides flexible transcoded streams.

winniwinter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2009
    Freiburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Consolidate MediaPortal Web Applications

I think the transcoding is a very nice feature. Especially the streaming of tv series (and hopefully also soon moving pictures) with the new ipimp version.
    The only problem is that the client has to pe online, which often doesn't makes scene because if I want to stream my content to another media like my iphone my HTPC is usually off. I know that there is no other way for ipimp to do that, but IF there is going to be a consolidate version of all these services this feature might be considered.

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @KoenZomers
    so I'm wondering why there needs to be transcoding for this webservice?
    It's only needed for mobile devices and should not be part of the service itself!
    That's why i questioned how it should be implemented.

For MPCC you have to look on cheezys IPIMP code...

DieBagger
    Looks also interesting, but cheezys MPCC already has two-way communication...

The main question is whether we put different architectures for the services together or should really consolidate them ;)
    If the last has more supporters we should talk to cheezy :D

I'm also in the talks of getting these projects a better place in the forums
    THat really good, i think you have better connections to change infinityloops position ;)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Mike, do you have a link to what MPCC is?

MPCC is a MediaPortal process plugin which I wrote to allow the iPiMP web app to access/control MediaPortal clients. All the code is on Google Code (MPCC = MPClientController)

MPCC itself provides no streaming/transcoding features, that's all part of the web app.

The wifiremote project was based on MPCC, I liked the zero conf idea of this but didn't like the idea of using Apple's Bonjour service for it, so a zero conf implementation without Bonjour was added to MPCC in v5.1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom