[confirm] Contents of picture folder on share (1 Viewer)

Neville

Portal Pro
July 21, 2008
Hamilton
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi All
I am not sure if I am doing something wrong but there seems to be a problem with the picture share. I have shared "D:\Users\Public\Pictures" and have 313 pictures imported to the database. The folder contains many "child folders" and has a total 28k files in 1506 folders. There are 313 pictures in the many pictures folder.
Have I done anything incorrectly or is this an issue?
Neville

Neville

Portal Pro
July 21, 2008
Hamilton
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Attached are files - sorry they were late I could not convince chrome to use the upload button!
Neville

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    132.8 KB
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    85.7 KB

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Neville!
    I'm very confused about your log files. Did you start the MP2 server at 03-04 in the evening and let it run until 03-09 early in the morning? In the client log, I only see the last run from 03-08 early in the morning until 03-09 early in the morning.
    First, there seems a strange network behaviour (or even a network error); the DNS cannot be contacted correctly. Do you perhaps have a very strict firewall setting which disables DNS network packets? I don't know how many of the other problems depend on that DNS problem.

Then, I see a strange behaviour regarding IP addresses disappearing and appearing. Did you use suspend to RAM or suspend to disk during the test period?

Or do you have problems with your network? Or some non-standard configuration?

Then, I see that the server seemed to have stopped importing your pictures, but I don't see why. The server seems to be shut down somewhere at 03-04 22:25 but there are log entries until 03-09.
    So maybe somewhat crashed in the server when it was shut down on 03-04.

So why aren't your pictures present? Because the server wasn't able to import them all. I only can't tell you what made the server shut down on 03-04 at 22:25. If it was you, then I can tell you: The import lasts a long time and the server must remain running while the import runs. It does resume the import if it is restarted, but off course you cannot see all pictures until they are imported.
    If you didn't stop the server yourself, then something crashed the server without a proper hint for me in the logs.

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    OK that all makes some sense. The computer is my main MP server system with a MP schedular to standby when not used which includes a few extra programs like chrome and word etc. So after use on the 3/4 it would have gone to standby. And then restarted . At some stage MP2 Server seemed not to be working so restarted.
    I had assumed that the pictures would take a long time but the process would restart automatically when restarted, or system resumed.

The firewall is bog std windows 7, no extra settings. Network simple enough, modem router to switch to server to switch to MP2 client....

I have installed an MP2 Client on another computer for testing as well and that seems to work OK.

On both I think most of the vieo has shown up but maybe not all.

I have now resumed from standby this am (NZ time) and I see when trying to load images MP2 Client is hung.

Where to from here - give me instructions etc and I will try and test. I am happy to do anything required short of a rebuild! Do I need to restart, delete share and reshare? Does the MP2 share system have an update timer? I see no seeing to "force update" as in MP1 music

attached is the current set of logs as of now after a day at standby...client after some time has gone from spinning circle to nothing including no response - I guess it could be trying to update shares
    Thanks for any thoughts
    Neville

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    About the network/DNS error:
    Do you use NetBIOS over TCP/IP or is it switched off? Currently, I don't have a Win7 system here so I can't check how to configure this.

Do I need to restart, delete share and reshare? Does the MP2 share system have an update timer? I see no seeing to "force update" as in MP1 music
    You find a button to make MP2 rescan/reimport a share in Settings/Shares/... share properties ...
    MP2 doesn't support an automatic reimport yet, neither via an update timer nor via a directory change tracking.

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Again thanks for quick reply!
    About the network/DNS error:
    Do you use NetBIOS over TCP/IP or is it switched off? Currently, I don't have a Win7 system here so I can't check how to configure this.
    I think it is whatever the default is - I believe obtain from DHCP server and I cannot find a setting there.
    You find a button to make MP2 rescan/reimport a share in Settings/Shares/... share properties ...
    MP2 doesn't support an automatic reimport yet, neither via an update timer nor via a directory change tracking.
    Great so then there is nothing broken. I guess delete share, restart and re share and see what happens. Should I delete logs or uninstall anything?
    I think the server does not cope with a standby mode. Seems to need restarting after standby. Is this known?
    Neville

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Neville, did you manage to import all your images into MP2 library? Is there any issue left (besides performance probably ;))?

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    OK So I have closed MP2 server and client. re started and left running for a few hours. At the beginning of this I changed the share to another drive and confirmed no pictures visible. (and I note I cannot delete a share - this seems a problem) I then went and "reshared" the corrrect path. I now have the same 313 pictures shared, not more.
    Any further advice?

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    oops sorry above post was only in edit mode all this time and not sent. No I did not manage to get it too work.... AS I did not post I did not get an answer to above question!!! Sorry about that
    Neville

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom