Continuity error - bad signal in tswriter (1 Viewer)

onetoomany

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
UK
I have recently started getting bad stuttering and signal break up on recorded TV. Live TV is fine.

If I look in the tswriter log, it is full of "continuity error - bad signal?"s. However, as my live TV is fine, there is not a signal issue.

Note - Live TV timeshifts through a flash card; recorded TV saves to HDD. Also, this is running on a dedicated server, with no client.

I've tried disabling as many drivers as possible, updating to latest versions and resetting back to MS default driver, but to no avail. As the only real difference is the recording device between live and recorded TV, I've especially tried playing with the storage drivers.

The confusing thing is that it used to work fine, and now is unwatchable - I didn't think I'd changed anything either!

Log files should cover a bit of timeshifting and a recording with the continuity errors.

Attachments

• mpserver.zip
    389.5 KB

AtTimesPerplexed

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    My problems with continuity errors where fixed when I disabled Microsoft Security Essentials. Try disabling any antivirus software and see if it gets better.

rimmeraj

Portal Member
    July 12, 2008
    Home Country
    @AtTimesPerplexed, thank you thank you thank you!

I was also receiving the bad signal error after installing on Windows 8 (which runs awesome with Mediaportal) and I was receiving the same errors.
    Can I suggest that rather than turning off the antivirus it is better to create an exception for the TVService.exe. This fixed my problem.

PS: for me it was even stranger that I had my TV recording for 2 weeks without a problem, then suddenly black screens and Bad Signal? errors.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom