Continuity error - Scheduled recording doesn't stop (1 Viewer)

lewiskingy

Portal Member
November 4, 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Having read through the other thread, and taking into account comments about this being a Win8 issue, I am going for setting "TVService.exe" to run in compatibility mode as Windows 7. I have the service running as per default installation (Local System Account with "Allow service to interact with desktop" checked.)

I'm doing this in preference to updating my TBS 6981 drivers (there is a slightly newer driver).

Will post back after I see the issue or signs of resolution.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The "Allow service to interact with desktop" should not be required. Please disable it.

lewiskingy

Portal Member
    November 4, 2013
    Home Country
    OK. Thanks. Disabled "Allow service to interact with desktop".

The issue recurred with Windows 7 compatibility mode set on the EXE for TVService.

I have Comskip launcher set to run on recording end. I also have DVB EPG grabbing while timeshifting / recording enabled.

Decided to disable DVB EPG grabbing while recording as next change. Keeping Win 7 compatibility mode for now. Will report back.

razr

Portal Member
    September 29, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just pulled out my Windows 7 disk from the closet. The wife acceptance factor is not pretty right now so I think I am going to just drop back to Win 7 for my TV Service. I am assuming this will fix all of my issues (besides having to re-install everything). :)

razr

Portal Member
    September 29, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I was finally able to get Windows 7 installed and configured on Thursday. I put the server through a bunch of tests and am happy to say things are working as expected. I am having an issue where the server still wants to record 6 minutes before the show and 10 minutes after so I am still looking at the recording configuration and that is for a different topic. All 3 of my tuners in windows 7 are picking up the recordings so I am a happy camper right now. I wish I was able to help on the debug the Windows 8 issue longer but this server is in daily use by the family.

Lewiskingy, hope you are able to help sort out the issue for future users.

Thanks team!

lewiskingy

Portal Member
    November 4, 2013
    Home Country
    Thanks for your update razr. I'm still not having luck on Windows 8. I'm also impacting family users and want to avoid unnecessary disruption. Good to hear that Windows 7 could be an option. The TV server is also my main desktop PC so a complete rebuild would be frustrating.

I haven't tried using Windows Media Centre (I have a key for the media pack on Windows 8). If that worked it would certainly be a help.

Any other ideas welcome.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Any other ideas welcome.
    The reason I linked the another thread here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ed-recording-doesnt-stop.121872/#post-1041017
    ...was to try and gather input and testing from everybody experiencing this problem in one place. That hasn't really worked.

lewiskingy please could you stop posting in this thread, install the patch from here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/recording-tv-just-stopped-help.122676/page-3#post-1040547

...and start providing logs and feedback in the other thread. Unless somebody does that I can guarantee this problem won't be solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom