Control PayTv with CAM on TV over MePo??? (1 Viewer)

badboyxx

Portal Pro
June 15, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
At the beginning I wanted to use my Unicam with DD Cine C/T and DD CI Modul but it doesn't support my smartcard on pc. Now I thought perhaps I can use the CAM in the CI-Slot in my TV (this works) and control the channels with MePo. I don't want to switch if I want to watch TV and control the other things by MePo. Is there a way?

badboyxx

Portal Pro
June 15, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
I'm using IR Server Suite perhaps with that plugin? When I choose a channel in MP, it could send the channel number to the TV and change the channel or stream the channels from TV to MP (but I think the second solution is illegal). But I don't know how to watch the channel then on MP??? I'm using DVB-S and DVB-C and want to watch both with MP.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
stream the channels from TV to MP
not possible - all channels, that were received (and decoded) by TV, stay in TV, so you just CAN'T get video from TV (and i see the logic here :) ).
So better explain us what issues do you have with your subscription card in HTPC with MP.

badboyxx

Portal Pro
June 15, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
My provider Kabel BW doesn't use NDS encryption by pc. When I use the Unicam in the TV the PayTV works but when I try to use it with the DD CI Modul it stays black. Mm1352000 tried to help me and he said that I have a problem with the activation of my smartcard or the CAM. My provider told me that they don't support watching TV with the pc.

Lool also here:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...howing-only-black-window.120993/#post-1020385

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
well, if you can watch encrypted channels with TV using same card - then your card is activated.
So you need to clear why your UniCam module doesn't support it. Have you tried different unicam firmware?

My provider told me that they don't support watching TV with the pc.
AFAIK none of providers (cable or satelite) supports it. But many users do :) and it works.

badboyxx

Portal Pro
June 15, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Yes I have tried several firmware with no success. When the card is activated on the TV and I try it on the pc the smartcard is not detected, I get the error "bad smartcard". I have to reactivate the card on the TV again. My smartcard only works with certified receivers or with CI+ certified TVs.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
bad luck then. better ask in german forum, and tell exact card name - there are many german people using cable smartcards with MP

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom