CoolReciver remote plugin for Leadtek TV tuners (2 Viewers)

hotpotato

Portal Member
August 28, 2009
Australia
Home Country
Thanks for the new version, I now have the Leadtek remote working (the Vista Compabile remote Y04G0051). Fantastic.

Now come the questions.

I would like to able to map the color buttons (Red, green, yellow and blue) to the home navigation shortcuts like it does on Win7 MCE. eg, press Red go to the TV screen, green to Music, Yellow to Piture and Blue to Movies. I can map RED to TV and Yellow to Picture. However for Green and Blue, I can't map them to Music and Movies, there is no action/windows selection for these in the mapping config. Anyone know which file I need to edit? There are other Music related mapping in the config, but nothing maps to the music's "home page".

(EDIT: Got this part working. I was using MovingPicture. Thank to this discussion. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ctures-via-mce-remote-my-videos-button-56008/.

Still, it would be good if we can using the cooreciver mapping gui to set this up rather than manually editing the file)

Also, since this forum is for Leadtek TV turner/remote. On the Leadtek DVT1000S tuner card, there are thress inputs. DTV (RF), S-Video and the RCA yellow-plug for analogue input. I would like to use the S-Video to connect to my Sateline STB so it could record shows from my sateline channels. However, in MediaPortal (and Win7), it only detect the DTV turner, so only can record the Free-To-Air channel. It does not pick up the "Capture Card" function of the DVT1000s.

Using the Leadtek PVR2 software, I can switch input between DTV and S-Video and RCA yellow-plug, but can't use MediaPortal to capture S-Video input.

craigparris1

Portal Pro
May 20, 2008
Home Country
Nice one. I'm planning on installing 1.1.0 with the latest SVN over the next week or so and hadn't actually thought about the Cooltek plug-in until now. Good to know that it's working OK!

Cheers,
Craig

glenb83

Portal Pro
April 24, 2009
Home Country
I just started using this plugin today, and installed coolreceiver aswell as coolreceiver launcher. When I press the power button on the remote (Y04G0051, WinPVR2 2.0.3.28) I get the graphic come up which I scroll with the arrow buttons for the launcher options (Winfast PVR2, Winfast FM which is greyed out, Hibernate, Power off, Restart and Hibernate) but there is no MediaPortal option. I have reinstalled the launcher each time with the different options for choosing a different file to replace, but each time I cant get media portal as a launcher option. Yet when I right click on the WinFast Wizard icon in the tray, then choose WinFastPVR2 I get a different launcher which is a long bar with all the options showing at once and this bar DOES have Media Portal as an option. Is there any way I can get the Media Portal launch option from my remote so I dont have to get up off the lounge?

I am using Windows 7 64 bit Retail, and MediaPortal 1.1.0.0 with StreamedMP skin.
*edit* I should also mention I am using a DTV1000S

seba

Portal Pro
March 22, 2006
Belgrade
Home Country
Serbia Serbia
If You get long bar when you select WinfastPVR2 in tray, then launcher is installed correctly. Just select winfastpvr2 in launcher that you get when You press power button. That should launch long bar launcher and you can select mp. This is the only way to start mp because some versions of winfast software don't use winfastrm.exe (original long bar without mp button) but they use launcher in winfastwhiz wich I can't change.

glenb83

Portal Pro
April 24, 2009
Home Country
When I install the launcher, this is what happens with the various install options. The radio option is always greyed out as my card does not support radio:

Replace WFFM option - The first line of the installer says 'copy failed' but seems to do the rest of the install. When I choose WinFastPVR2 from the launcher the PVR software launches.
Replace WFMultiRM option - When I choose WinFastPVR2 from the launcher the PVR software launches.
Replace DVBTAP option - When I choose WinFastPVR2 from the launcher, I get the long bar launcher with the media portal option, but my remote arrow keys and ok button do not work to control it, I still need to use the keyboard. It is a Y04G0051 remote. Any ideas how I can get the navigation keys to work on the long bar?

glenb83

Portal Pro
April 24, 2009
Home Country
I have managed to get MP to launch using an additional plugin - wf_remctrl and mapping a key on the remote to open Media Portal thanks to craigparris1.

I just have some issues with key functions now from the remote. I have this remote - http://www.leadtek.com.tw/shop/product_images/Y04G0051.jpg and when I set it in the config to this remote I find some functions dont work (volume, pause and a few others). (the remote is in leadtek mode too, not mce) I have set it to generic leadtek remote in the dropdown box and seem to get more playback options working but some navigation options are not working right. Has anyone who is using this remote gotten all the buttons working? If so, can you post your xml file so I can try it on mine, I havent had much success getting the manual key mapping working properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom