Coreavc 3.0.1: no CUDA with MP 1.2.1 (1 Viewer)

jonm

Portal Pro
January 12, 2009
Wales
Home Country
Wales Wales
Here's the logs from my Acer Revo 3610 ION PC, which will not play HD TV.

These logs are with Coreavc set to use DXVA - which works perfectly on my other (Asrock) ION PC.

Attachments

• acer-screengrab.jpg
    acer-screengrab.jpg
    236.6 KB

jonm

Portal Pro
January 12, 2009
Wales
Home Country
Wales Wales
Try rolling back to around 270 on the W7 front end & see how you go.

I've done that :(

The w7 PC now has the exact same version as the Vista PC, and it still doesn't work :(

logifuse

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Sydney
Home Country
In regards to your screenshot (this won't fix your main issue), you should be using 50Hz & shouldn't be using the MS Audio Decoder.

logifuse

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Sydney
Home Country
One more thing, if you play back the same content locally (from a recording transferred to the REVO), does it do the same? You could be seeing a NIC problem somewhere - I had an ASRock ION that was fine & a Shuttle XS35GT (ION2) that wasn't (similar to what you're seeing, but with MPEG2 HD). Turns out the NIC on my server was causing it. Onboard Nvidia that was the same as the ASRock ION, so they were fine in their own little world, but the JMicron on my Shuttle didn't like what was coming from the server. Updated NIC drivers on the server mostly ironed it out, but changing to a PCI NIC on the server fixed it.

jonm

Portal Pro
January 12, 2009
Wales
Home Country
Wales Wales
Interesting. I'll try copying a file over and report back. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Later: No difference with a local file - still doesn't work.

logifuse

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Sydney
Home Country
Hmm, running out of ideas, but still got a couple....

How about the amount of RAM allocated to the graphics in the BIOS? With onboard video I've always manually set it to the maximum (usually 512MB) as the default (usually 128/256MB) or automatic causes stutter (not normally as bad as you're seeing though).

Have you run DPC Latency Checker? DPC Latency Checker - latency was killing my ION2. If that's an issue, there are some steps to disable the power switching process that I can point you to.

jonm

Portal Pro
January 12, 2009
Wales
Home Country
Wales Wales
I've allocated 512Mb of RAM, and DPC Latency Checker is all green - no issues there. I'm running out of ideas too :(

Thanks for the help so far, am sure we can crack this :)

Incidentally, just tried the Microsoft DTV-DVD Codec and it seems to give the best results so far, which is interesting...

logifuse

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Sydney
Home Country
The MS DTV-DVD codec is the only one that can do 1080i content properly on my IONs. Remembering that it's MPEG2 here & not H.264, so it's a more intensive process, when I try to force CUDA (via LAV), it tanks.

Strange that one ION is fine for you while the other isn't.

It shouldn't matter, but is inverse telecine turned off in the Nvidia CP?

sukceso

Portal Pro
November 6, 2008
Herrenberg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Owlsroost: CUDA is not working for me when watching TV or recordings within Mediaportal.

When I open the same TS file (recording) in GraphStudio and playing it from there, CUDA is used. In GraphStudio, the Haali Splitter is used. NVIDIA driver is 285.62, Inverse Telecine is switched on in the NVIDIA settings.

If there are suggestions regarding driver or settings, I can try them today in the evening. But in general CUDA is working, seems for me to be cause by a difference between how Haali and TsReader handle the TS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom