Corrupt ts file after recording? (1 Viewer)

hamp

Portal Member
August 18, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
MediaPortal Version: 1.9.0

Description
Hi,
When I watch my regional news in Sweden (Västnytt) I always have to stop tv and start it again after the program has finished. The tv screen freezes and I have to change channel and go back to continue to watch next program.
I record a program every day at 07:15 but I can never watch the recording because of this. I have uploaded tswriter.log and the ts file can be found at http://www.filedropper.com/julkalendernpiratskattenshemlighet-2014-12-01-s55-e1
Any other info I can provide that will help?
Niclas

Steps to Reproduce:
Start "Västnytt" and wait until program ends

hamp

Portal Member
August 18, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
These are my log files from my tv server. This is the only problem I have with watching TV and everything else is working extremely stable and it's used every day.[DOUBLEPOST=1417823688][/DOUBLEPOST]I will try to get log files when it's happening tomorrow. I guess that will give more information.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

hamp

Portal Member
    August 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I tried it but I got the same result unfortunately...

Niclas

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    To be clear: when you say "the same result" do you mean that the recording doesn't play?
    I ask this because from my perspective, that result wouldn't necessarily mean that the situation didn't improve.

As previously mentioned, it seemed like TsWriter was not writing video and audio into the recording file after the change in video and audio PIDs. From my perpective the goal of testing this new TsWriter was to try to ensure that the video and audio are included in the recording file. The file may not play still... but at least having the video and audio would be a good start.

So, could you please upload the new recording for me to check?
    Thanks in advance! :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is the channel that you're recording encrypted?
    If so, can you please confirm how you're decrypting it.

[edit: I should say that after analysing the second recording, I think my guess about the cause of the problem might be wrong. My guess is that the program that is ending is a local/regional news broadcast or similar, injected into a national channel stream. I guess the program is meant to finish at 07:15... but it seems from the clock in the video that it ends a little bit early. So, maybe there are a few minutes of "dead time" before the start of the next program.

Just a guess... ;)
    ]

hamp

Portal Member
    August 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Your guess is correct. It's a national channel that has regional news between 07:10-07:15 and then the national program starts at 07:15 again. The "dead time" is nearly invisible and maybe 1 or 2 seconds.
    It's an encrypted channel and I'm using mdapi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom