Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear Friends,

I published the first beta of CouchPotato 2.0 via TestFlight.
    Please use this thread to discuss the beta and to give feedback (alternatively please use the feature request & feedback tools inside the app!).

If you are not in the beta but are interested in testing go here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/couchpotato-2-beta-invitation.130536/
    I am inviting iPhone users only at the moment, as the app isn't adapted for iPad yet.

Build 53
    • Refactored remote view code
    • Added power options link to top right of remote screen
    Known Issues:
    • Remote doesn't really fit on the iPhone 4S screen
    • Crash when adding server under certain circumstances (need to investigate, let me know if that happens for you)

• Fixed background saving to database
    • Fixed wifi label position on remote connection view
    • Fixed crash when entering text on onscreen keyboard
    • First public beta with server management and remote control features.

Last edited:

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I will do a better write-up later but some first test from the back of my head:

Discover of clients is nice but it need to work directly. It discovered my server and I could accept from within MP but it didn't work. Saving and restarting the app give the same popup on screen in MP even though I had discovered the server once. I do not have port forward on my router so external ip will not work. Think that is the issue for me. Manually adding a server works fine where I filled in local ip on the external ip.

Input text with keyboard give crash.

Annoying that it's no reconnection when resuming the app. Suggest to have a user setting for and have it auto-connect as default.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will do a better write-up later but some first test from the back of my head:
    Thanks a lot, really appreciated!

Discover of clients is nice but it need to work directly. It discovered my server and I could accept from within MP but it didn't work. Saving and restarting the app give the same popup on screen in MP even though I had discovered the server once. I do not have port forward on my router so external ip will not work. Think that is the issue for me. Manually adding a server works fine where I filled in local ip on the external ip.
    Hmm, one possible problem I see is if the app thinks you have entered an external IP but the server isn't reachable on that IP. The popup in MediaPortal probably is the authorization for MPExtended, that should only appear on first setup. Maybe you can describe in more detail what happened when?

This is how it works for me: Server is detected in CouchPotato, I tap it, MPExtended is authorized, I accept the dialog in MediaPortal. Next time I connect in CouchPotato the dialog will not appear.

Input text with keyboard give crash.
    Whoops, thanks! Fixed in the next beta. Broke that with one of my last pre-beta fixes O:)

Annoying that it's no reconnection when resuming the app. Suggest to have a user setting for and have it auto-connect as default.
    Not sure what you mean, when the app enters foreground the connection is reestablished: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3182zf5a9ulf0ah/cp-reconnect.mov?dl=0
    Isn't that how it looks for you?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The app added the external ip and I haven't reconnected the ports to the HTPC so its not reachable from the external ip.

I need to press the reconnect button when app enters foreground, it do not automatically reconnect.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The app added the external ip and I haven't reconnected the ports to the HTPC so its not reachable from the external ip.
    Ah ok, I understand. Maybe I can add a "try local ip" button or retry automatically with the local ip if connecting to the external ip fails. Hmm ... But that doesn't explain the repeated popup on MediaPortal.

I need to press the reconnect button when app enters foreground, it do not automatically reconnect.
    Strange, let me think about that. As you saw in the video it "should work" :)

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    Just a quick update, with work & baby I haven't had as much time for testing as I would like.

But, I must say the first version is very nice looking and so far functioning well.

The only suggestion I would have design wise is somewhere on the remote screen to shut down (it is one of the big functions I use).

otherwise, I have nothing negative and looks great. THanks

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just a quick update, with work & baby I haven't had as much time for testing as I would like.
    Haha, I am using the same excuse to explain why it took me three years for the beta :-D Seriously though, thanks a lot for testing and your feedback!

But, I must say the first version is very nice looking and so far functioning well.
    The only suggestion I would have design wise is somewhere on the remote screen to shut down (it is one of the big functions I use).
    otherwise, I have nothing negative and looks great. THanks
    I noticed that (power options only available via the side menu) too. I am thinking about putting it as a button in the top right remote corner or maybe in the dropdown titlebar menu, where you can switch between gesture and button remote ...

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    I noticed that (power options only available via the side menu) too. I am thinking about putting it as a button in the top right remote corner or maybe in the dropdown titlebar menu, where you can switch between gesture and button remote ...

I did find it and it isn't too bad. I was just hoping it was one less step to get to shutdown. But, what ever you think looks best I guess and suits the majority.

Any update before it expires in 2 days? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom