CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal | Version 1.2 (2011-08-05) (2 Viewers)

Cyrus1896

Portal Pro
November 9, 2009
Re: CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal (preview)

Hi ive downloaded it and the first thing i saw is "No WLAN Connection" :D
So it would be great if the user can connect the service over the Internet with specific ports.
At the Moment its not really necessary because there is no real access to the MP Movie Database. But in the future it qould be nice to connect via 3G Connection over the internet.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi ive downloaded it and the first thing i saw is "No WLAN Connection" :D
    So it would be great if the user can connect the service over the Internet with specific ports.
    At the Moment its not really necessary because there is no real access to the MP Movie Database. But in the future it qould be nice to connect via 3G Connection over the internet.

Hi Cyrus,

first of all thanks for buying the app.
    I thought about what you suggest but decided against it for the first versions for the following reasons:

• it's not necessary with the current functionality ;)
    • you would probably need to configure your router for portforwarding - could be confusing and hard to explain
    • auto-detecting servers over the internet is not possible
    • wake on lan would not work (would need to rewrite that and again the router has to be configured)

But you are totally right, it will make sense once the media browsing (and maybe streaming?) is added. I will keep it in mind for the next versions.

Nephilim

Extension Developer
    February 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Good work Shukuyen.
    Just a little suggestion; can you add gestures management for the main functionalities as direction, ok and esc buttons? It's much more convenient.

Thank you.

Bye,
    Nephilim

P.S. Already four people have purchased the app, you have almost paid the annual fee to Apple ... ;)

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Good work Shukuyen.
    Just a little suggestion; can you add gestures management for the main functionalities as direction, ok and esc buttons? It's much more convenient.

Thank you.

Bye,
    Nephilim

P.S. Already four people have purchased the app, you have almost paid the annual fee to Apple ... ;)

Yeah, almost ;)
    I had the idea to do navigation by gestures in landscape mode or maybe do something like they do with the boxee remote … I really like that.

Up/down swipes on the remote are used at the moment to show/hide the toolbar, but that could be changed if necessary.

Cyrus1896

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2009

The Point that a internet access is not necessary is right but i think when the app can access the movie databases it would be a great solution. The router and port config is the customers "thing" the product should only have the feature.
    :D

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Sure, I agree with you and will try to make it happen :)

El-Loco

Portal Member
    February 12, 2008
    Oldenburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi,

i've bought the app. It seems to work correct. But no functions are accessable. The Remote on my iphone 3GS does not work. When i press a button, it is highlighted but nothing happen in mepo.
    But if i run through the menu cp shows where i am ... it is running.
    I use latest Streamed MP and iOS 4.3.2

lolos70

May 18, 2011
    Home Country
    France France

Very awesome Shukuyen, i was dreaming about an apps like your's for my iphone, i'm very happy that you make it real!!

El_Loco i had the same problem. The problem is that the *.Mpe1 file don't copy the wifiremote.xml, i had to copy myself this one in "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\defaults\" and it works now!

golbe

Portal Member
    October 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

I have purchased the app and installed it in my iPhone 2g with fw 3.1.3, and unfortunately it crashes on startup. The requirements of the app do not say that this iOS version is not supported so I do not know if this is a bug or not. Could you please clarify?
    Thanks

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

@El-Loco: This is due to a bug in the WifiRemote installer. I just uploaded an updated version to MEDIAPORTAL - WifiRemote that fixes this. Alternatively you can just copy the file like lolos70 said (thanks)!

Also a quick note: The support mail address pointed to the wrong DNS - this is fixed and it will hopefully work in the next hour. Thanks to pppaul for pointing me to that.

I have purchased the app and installed it in my iPhone 2g with fw 3.1.3, and unfortunately it crashes on startup. The requirements of the app do not say that this iOS version is not supported so I do not know if this is a bug or not. Could you please clarify?
    Thanks

The app needs iOS4. I thought the app store would take care of not letting you download that with a lower version :confused:
    Edit: Just looked it up, the app had a wrong parameter in release build settings :-/ Please contact Apple through iTunes to get your money back. Big sorry for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom