CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal | Version 1.2 (2011-08-05) (1 Viewer)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal (preview)

Right, not yet :D

As you can see on the "Roadmap" (first post) I want to do media browsing and an iPad layout. I have to admit that I am kind of slow, so please don't expect that to happen in the next week ;-)

I am definitely looking at what DieBagger is doing with aMPdroid and we are talking about that stuff, too. This already resulted in some good features and improvements for the WifiRemote plugin ...

Oh yes, the ability to read is quite handy :oops:

As stated, I would be glad to be of service for this. How are the requirements of developing for iOS? What r the costs of the dev environment? From c# to objectiv c should not be toooo hard. Whatever I can do, I will gladly help (maybe easier to work on the backend for me, though).

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

As stated, I would be glad to be of service for this. How are the requirements of developing for iOS? What r the costs of the dev environment? From c# to objectiv c should not be toooo hard. Whatever I can do, I will gladly help (maybe easier to work on the backend for me, though).

To develop for iOS you need a Mac with xcode (version 3 is free I think, version 4 costs about $4-5) and an iOS Developer Program membership. This membership is free until you want to test apps on a device or submit it to the App Store.

Learning objective-c isn't that hard, the biggest adjustment for a c# developer will probably be that you have to do memory management (alloc, release, ...).
    The Apple tutorials and documentation is quite good, so that helps.
    iOS Dev Center - Apple Developer

For the iPad version I will have to find a good concept how to best use all that space available. Then I hope the transition isn't too hard ... *knocks on wood*

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country

I just wanted to say that this is a great idea and I am looking forward to this! Can't wait for the app to be released and give it a go

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

To develop for iOS you need a Mac with xcode (version 3 is free I think, version 4 costs about $4-5) and an iOS Developer Program membership. This membership is free until you want to test apps on a device or submit it to the App Store.

Well the Mac will be the issue. No ios development from windows possible? Well then i will have to think of ways using that ipad space.

SSSputnik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 22, 2005

Looks awesome, could you scale it up for iPad use?
    When's it going to Mac store? :)

tmacca

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 24, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

I need this in my life! Hurry up and approve this app Apple!

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I will upload the app this week (if nothing drastic happens). Then it takes 1-2 weeks to get approved (if it doesn't get rejected ;)). You can follow updates on twitter @MePoCouchPotato.

An iPad layout is on my roadmap. Don't really know how it will look, yet, but I will get to it.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Status update: App submitted and waiting for approval!

Cyrus1896

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2009

This seems an very interesting Project for iPhone users. Is it possible to show my Moving Pictures Database with my movies like on the "now playing" screenshot with all details? In the Moving Pictures thread i asked about an iPhone App for follw.it but for me, the social components are not so important. I would have a nice clean look on my database with my iPhone ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom