CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal | Version 1.2 (2011-08-05) (1 Viewer)

mcbelly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal (preview)

Like it and want it !

hurry up apple :)

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

This seems an very interesting Project for iPhone users. Is it possible to show my Moving Pictures Database with my movies like on the "now playing" screenshot with all details? In the Moving Pictures thread i asked about an iPhone App for follw.it but for me, the social components are not so important. I would have a nice clean look on my database with my iPhone ;)

Hi Cyrus,

in the first version it is only possible to see this kind of information for the file that is playing at the moment (in moving pictures, tv series and myvideo).

In a future version I want to implement browsing your library. I will most likely use the GMA Webservice (?) for this, but DieBagger suggested I should wait with this until they decide which direction the service will take.

It depends on when this will happen if I will add media browsing or the iPad layout first.

Bye,
    Shukuyen.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal (preview)

Ipad Layout first +1 ;-)

Cyrus1896

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2009

This seems an very interesting Project for iPhone users. Is it possible to show my Moving Pictures Database with my movies like on the "now playing" screenshot with all details? In the Moving Pictures thread i asked about an iPhone App for follw.it but for me, the social components are not so important. I would have a nice clean look on my database with my iPhone ;)

In a future version I want to implement browsing your library. I will most likely use the GMA Webservice (?) for this, but DieBagger suggested I should wait with this until they decide which direction the service will take.

It depends on when this will happen if I will add media browsing or the iPad layout first.

Bye,
    Shukuyen.

Ok i understand. :D One complete solution would be nice. I think your Project is more for the mobile users and the GMA Project for those who access their Homedatabase via Webbrowser over an PC, right?

I would like to use both. I have an iPhone and a Homeserver, so i could access the Database from everywhere. Thats my dream :D

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Ok i understand. :D One complete solution would be nice. I think your Project is more for the mobile users and the GMA Project for those who access their Homedatabase via Webbrowser over an PC, right?

I would like to use both. I have an iPhone and a Homeserver, so i could access the Database from everywhere. Thats my dream :D

I definitely want to integrate some kind of webservice (media library browsing) into the app. I am not sure how this is best done at the moment, but I am sure there will be a satisfying solution.

daveyboy

Portal Member
    March 15, 2005
    Reading, England

To develop for iOS you need a Mac with xcode (version 3 is free I think, version 4 costs about $4-5) and an iOS Developer Program membership. This membership is free until you want to test apps on a device or submit it to the App Store.

Well the Mac will be the issue. No ios development from windows possible? Well then i will have to think of ways using that ipad space.

You can do iOS development on Windows - use VirtualBox! I've been doing iOS development for about 6 months now, and I do not have a Mac. All you need is a copy of OS X (Snow Leopard works great).

You still need the iOS Developer Program membership though, which I do have. If you really want this App to be free, I would be happy to publish it under my existing account :)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi shukuyen

How is it going with your CouchPotato? I must say i really dig you app icon.

Have you seen the work DieBagger has donenon aMPdroid? He has done some great steps towards media browsing and tv server access. Maybe it is possible to reuse some code, ideas or concepts. I am desperatly awaiting CouchPotato ;-)

I wil see what I can come up with for ideas on an ipad layout.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

The first version of CouchPotato is available on the App Store now!

http://itunes.apple.com/de/app/couchpotato-mediaportal-fernbedienung/id420805249?mt=8

Attention: With my last svn merge before releasing the app I seem to have introduced a bug to favorites. When you add or remove a favorite server the app will crash. I just submitted an update to version 1.0.1 that will fix this. I am really sorry and hope the update won't take long to get approved. Please avoid adding/removing favorites in v1.0. Thanks. :sorry:

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

The first version of CouchPotato is available on the App Store now!

CouchPotato MediaPortal Fernbedienung für iPhone, iPod touch und iPad im iTunes App Store

Attention: With my last svn merge before releasing the app I seem to have introduced a bug to favorites. When you add or remove a favorite server the app will crash. I just submitted an update to version 1.0.1 that will fix this. I am really sorry and hope the update won't take long to get approved. Please avoid adding/removing favorites in v1.0. Thanks. :sorry:

Awesome.

Just downloaded it. Cant wait to get home from work and try it out :)

regards
    Jacob

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Will install it as soon as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom