CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal | Version 1.2 (2011-08-05) (1 Viewer)

Dj_Moren

Portal Pro
November 7, 2009
mmmm :unsure: mmmm
I just wanted to test and see if it was what I espected. Meanwhile, I'll wait for newer versions to see new features.
Thanks anyway

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I saw your post on the previous page, just wanted to let you know that I would be really interested in your app if it will support mp-extended + live Tv for the Ipad :)

shackrock

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey, really like the app, it's a life saver for whenever my remote stops working (which is pretty often).

That said, I would LOVE a renewed layout of the buttons... or even some gesture control. Take a look at Plex's iPhone app, that's what I have in mind. Any likely hood in that? I bet you'd get triple the amount of buyers on itunes if you could make that happen.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That said, I would LOVE a renewed layout of the buttons... or even some gesture control. Take a look at Plex's iPhone app, that's what I have in mind. Any likely hood in that?

Version 2 will have a new layout, for the remote buttons, too. Gesture control is already in version 1 (it's the only way I use the app, works really well for me): just connect to your MediaPortal and shake the device to switch to gesture mode.

shackrock

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    That said, I would LOVE a renewed layout of the buttons... or even some gesture control. Take a look at Plex's iPhone app, that's what I have in mind. Any likely hood in that?

Version 2 will have a new layout, for the remote buttons, too. Gesture control is already in version 1 (it's the only way I use the app, works really well for me): just connect to your MediaPortal and shake the device to switch to gesture mode.

Oh duh, I didn't realize you already have gesture. nice.

Yea a new layout is clutch... for my 2 cents, stick to a regular remote layout and larger buttons, maybe with 2 pages if things get too full. I find myself hitting the wrong button really often. The clutch buttons are:

• Arrows (FF/RW not needed on main page in lieu of nice big arrows, in my opinion).
    • Enter
    • Back
    • Channel up/down
    • Right click / Menu
    • Guide
    • Stop
    • Play/Pause
    Thanks man, great app.

42andreas

Portal Member
    July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Together or maybe Shukuyen,

I have a problem with CouchPotato. Maybe someone has a quick tip. I scanned the first 6 pages and the last 5 of this thread but did not find the solution.
    I bought CP 2/3 month ago, installed everything (RemotePlug, Bon..) and first it did not work as for koalabravo. A day later it suddenly worked without changing anything despite booting the HTPC and maybe the iPhone.
    All was fine for a week. After that I only got "offline" for the server. No change with rebooting, both HTPC and iPhone.
    WOL is works, but server/mp stays offline in the Phone-App.

Any ideas why it frist works an then suddenly not without changing the configuration/system? Firewall needing an acivity from htpc? Ports to be open? (HTPC on FritzBox 7390 via LAN, iPhone via WLAN)

Thanks in advance
    Andreas

42andreas

Portal Member
    July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi again,

it works again. And I hope not only for a day ;-)
    Maybe it helps someone else, but I really did not sth. special.
    I first restarted the bonjour-service, then take a lokk at the WifiRemote-Plugin, changed the security settings (testing was without pwd), rescanned the QR-code / added server s new, accepted changes in config and afterwards restarted the bonjour service again. Then windows-updates and reboot and it works again.
    Just before I really want to test things like firewalls, ...
    Greetings, Andreas

Sepulchre

Portal Pro
    July 17, 2010
    hi Shukuyen,

is development still happening on this, it seems to have gone very quiet for a long time now?

If you are still working on this is there an ETA on an ipad native version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom