Could someone compile the latest version of this dll? (1 Viewer)

felix_clerc

Portal Pro
October 28, 2009
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hello,
I'm trying to get online videos working for french catchup TV, and saw that newer version of the dedicated dll for it has been posted in the OV svn after the last OV build.
It is located here: http://code.google.com/p/mp-onlinev...cts/OnlineVideos.Sites.titof%3Fstate%3Dclosed
Could a developer compile it and post it somewhere for test?
Or is there a place where I could get a nightly build of the OV plugin I could extract the dll from?

Thanks in advance,
Félix

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think it's up to the current owner of the website to publish it. Then, autoupdate should pick it up.

felix_clerc

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    The updated files are on the svn of the online videos plugin - and are more recent than the latest available build.
    So as long as it is not recompiled and placed in the online repository, it will not get updated on my system - if I correctly understood the way the plugin makes updates.
    Or if I can get a compiled version of the dll and put it manually in the correct folder, that should also work - maybe by not updating which could overwrite it...

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You are (almost) correct about the updates.
    When someone fixes a bug/adds new stuff, the normal way is to commit the stuff to svn (for source control, not a vital part of the flow), and publish the new dll (to offbyone's server).

When anyone performs an autoupdate of onlinevideos, the plugin sees the new dll on the server, downloads it, and put it in your plugin folder. From that moment on, you can use the new website in mediaportal.

felix_clerc

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Thanks doskabouter for the info - So I assume my request should be "Could someone compile this dll and publish it to offbyone's server?"
    By the way, do you have the url on offbyone's server where these dlls are located? Just to check if I am totally wrong and it is already in place? Which would sadly say that the catchup tv for France is still broken :(

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Again, almost correct: the request should be: "Could titof compile this, and publish it" :)

I'm not sure how to see directly what the most recent dll is, but rest assured, after autoupdate you have the latest one

felix_clerc

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Problem is that titof seems to miss time working on the project, and I found a few thread where he built a dll for someone with some of the changes that are in the svn, but older than the lates t ones (he says he fixed one catchup tv site, but the others are not working, and the source for those has changed since he posted a compiled version of the dll).
    Shall I be able to compile the dll from the svn if I install visual studio express? Whic version shall I use if yes? 2008? 2008? 2010?

Sorry for the noobie questions, but having this working would be a real plus for me (catchup tv on kids channel can save you a day :p)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Never mind the questions, the alternative is to actually do some work :)

Sure you can compile it yourself, perhaps improve it if you're really courageous :)

Best is Visual C# express 2010.

felix_clerc

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Thanks doskabouter, I'll catch 2010 and will try to compile the dll....
    I didn't program for about 15 years, let see if I will accomodate with C# (n)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom