[will not fix] Crash after trying to change channel from poor reception one (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: v1.1.0 RC1
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide
Windows Version: XP Pro SP3
CPU Type: P4 2.8Ghz Northwood
HDD: 500GB WD SATA
Memory: 1.5GB DDR
Motherboard: Gigabyte 8i848-PM
Video Card: 2600XT 256MB
Video Card Driver: 10.2
Sound Card: onboard Realtek AC97 (ALC655)
Sound Card AC3: no AC3
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.6300
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-T 500
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 4.3.27240
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD9)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Custom
Cooling: Nexus 120mm Intake Fan, Accelero S2, Mini Ninja
Power Supply: DELL DA-2 AC->12v DC, mCubed EF28 DC-DC board
Remote: Nova-T 500
TV: Sony XBR800 36"
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

The TV channel that was playing had very bad reception and the picture was frozen and the sound was very broken up. I tried to change to another channel and the MP error/crash box popped up and pressing Enter closed MP.

I've noticed that MP really isn't happy when the signal is bad and does tend to crash in this way quite a lot when that's the case. When the signal's OK I don't find it crashes much, if at all.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Please try to provide a TS recording that can be used to reproduce the issue. Otherwise it is quite hard to fix the possible issue (could be video / audio decoder that crashes as well).

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Will a recording from a channel exhibiting the frozen picture/broken sound issue when the signal is weak help, as I obviously can't make a recording of what happens when I change channel and the crash happens?

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    You can collect timeshift files after crash with your channel change and provide it

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    That depends on whether the crash happens before the new channel tunes in though (which I think it did).

If it does manage to tune in and create a TS file before crashing, do you need a recording of both the channel with the weak signal and problems AND the TS file from the channel that I change to just before MP crashes?

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Well MP crashed last night without me trying to change channel and the signal seemed to be fine as I didn't notice any artifacts or problems until it crashed. I'm not sure exactly when it crashed as the sound continued normally but when I looked at the screen I noticed that the picture was frozen on the ads even though the audio was from the film which had started.

I managed to copy the TS files before MP closed, but the rar file was too big to upload to the forum so I've uploaded it here:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

EDIT: MP just crashed in the same way again tonight. The picture froze and audio continued normally for some time. Eventually the audio just kept looping the same 1-2 seconds until I shut MP. TS rar linked below.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

WsQ

Portal Pro
    December 15, 2008
    Kangasala
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    TV-Server often crashes when the channel (DVB-t) it is recording has bad signal.
    Bad signal is generally handled poorly and MP or tv-server often crashes when tuned to or from a channel with bad signal.
    Also general functioning of MP is a lot slower and more unstable when any channel has weak signal.

Noticed these problems in newer releases than beta, but this can be because of Finnish winter has had an effect to my antenna.

Cannot deliver logs since I removed all channels that have weak signal to get everything running smoothly so that my soon to be wife won't be so angry. I recon this should be possible to reproduce by manually tuning a channel that has no signal.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I just had a quite clear incidence of bad signal causing MP to crash, not when changing channel but whilst watching one.

I was watching TV and there was the occasional block breaking up or jump in sound, so obviously the signal wasn't the greatest.

Then practically the entire screen broke up and the picture froze and MP crashed simultaneously. The audio continued normally and I was able to stop LiveTV (although after that MP no longer responded and the Stop/Play box stayed on screen) before OK'ing the error box, which closed MP.

Logs attached. TS files here: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I don't think there is much we can do. Anyway not in MP1 scope.

Simone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom