Crash in TVSeries | Page 3

Discussion in 'My TVSeries' started by Lichloathe, February 11, 2019.

1. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

RoChess Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 2
    @Lichloathe curious myself now how your test with new DLL went, but was it also `any` key causing the error, or certain specific keys only?

I extracted the "Microsoft Keyboard Diagnostics" (MS Key) utility from their old Intelli drivers, but having trouble locating direct download at MSFT site.

So, to make it easier for ya, I've attached 7-zip file, and program requires no installation.

See if the keys pressed cause any weird behavior, as you might have some third party util installed that came with keyboard/mouse.

Each key will create a "(make)" and "(break)" entry as expected, and the HEX code at the end are the important one. It has been like over a decade since I delved deep into MediaPortal HID stuff to get my AMD remotes to work, and since they still work I never had a need to mess with custom HID codes. I have some faint memory that MediaPortal has some HID keycode tool build in to allow you to check, but for life of me I can't remember and stupid RDPWrap is broken right now after Windows 10 update and I forgot to make a backup.

I'm hoping it will somehow register extra codes for you, or repeats that shouldn't happen (just have app open with MediaPortal windowed). It is a long shot, but worth a try if @Sebastiii DLL doesn't immediately solve it for ya.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lichloathe
    • Premium Supporter

Lichloathe MP Donator

Ratings:
    +57 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    Thanks, I’ll have a chance to try these options tomorrow as I’m a bit busy until then. I’ll let you know in about 24 hours.

4. Lichloathe
    • Premium Supporter

Lichloathe MP Donator

Ratings:
    +57 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    Ok,
    No luck on both counts. The V5 core etc makes no difference and the HID program shows no signs of anything unusual. All key presses and responses are normal.
    I will note that after a few tests the HID error in the log only corresponds with the mouse pointer showing after it has hidden. So if I use MP with just the keyboard, no error. If I use it with the keyboard but choose to move the external mouse, I get the HID error.
    This machine has a Microsoft wireless mobile mouse 4000 with default windows drivers using a nano transceiver v1.0.
    If I use the internal mouse or my other logitech combo on the laptop I don't get the HID error. Seems unrelated to my GUI crash.

Nothing new to show so I haven't posted any logs. I must have a gremlin so I'll keep hunting.

Thanks guys.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sebastiii
    • Team MediaPortal

Sebastiii Development Group

Ratings:
    +10,214 / 9
    Home Country:
    France France
    Show System Specs
    Hi, Are you available to direct remote connection? :p For testing?

Tapatalk

Last edited: February 24, 2019
  6. Lichloathe
    • Premium Supporter

Lichloathe MP Donator

Ratings:
    +57 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    I am now if you can. I have Teamviewer setup.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sebastiii
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +10,214 / 9
    Home Country:
    France France
    Show System Specs
    Yep, you can reach me on IRC :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sebastiii
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +10,214 / 9
    Home Country:
    France France
    Show System Specs
    • Like Like x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!