[solved] Crash occurs after watching a movie from OnlineVideos (1 Viewer)

xfx

Portal Pro
February 1, 2011
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Home Country
Spain Spain
Since installing MP 1.10, it has been constantly crashing when a movie ends.
This happens with both MovingPictures as well as OnlineVideos - it is apparently related to Trakt, but uninstalling Trakt doesn't seen to fix the problem.

Here's the crash report:

Application: MediaPortal.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.FormatException
Stack:
at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormat(System.IFormatProvider, System.String, System.Object[])
at System.String.Format(System.IFormatProvider, System.String, System.Object[])
at System.String.Format(System.String, System.Object[])
at TraktPlugin.TraktHandlers.OnlineVideos.TrackVideoPlayback(OnlineVideos.ITrackingInfo, Double)
at OnlineVideos.MediaPortal1.GUIOnlineVideos+<>c__DisplayClass63.<TrackPlayback>b__61(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(System.Object)

xfx

Portal Pro
February 1, 2011
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Home Country
Spain Spain
Yes. The ChangeLog for Trakt specifically mentions this issue "as fixed".
But, the weird thing is that even uninstalling Trakt, MP keeps crashing after watching a movie.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    With the logs that you provided, I actually can't tell whether Trakt is properly uninstalled and/or disabled or not.
    If uninstalling Trakt doesn't appear to help... and installing the new version of Trakt doesn't appear to help... then I suggest you post fresh, full log files from the watchdog/debug-mode tool:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

This will give us:
    1. The Windows application event log, so we can see the cause of the crash.
    2. Your MP config, so we can see which plugins are installed.
    3. Debug-level logs, which might be necessary to understand the cause of the crash.

P.S. It'd be great if you could always use the watchdog/debug-mode tool to grab log files. The additional information it provides has proved to be crucial time and time again. We provided the tool to make it simple to grab the information that we need, so why not use it? :)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Im also interested in fixing the crash seen in the original post so will look into that tonight...from the callstack it doesn't look like anything I have changed in ages so maybe something unexpected came from the OnlineVideos SiteUtil giving me the TrackingInfo.

If something is indeed invalid when OnlineVideos triggers that event, I will capture that in the log and handle gracefully.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just to extend on @mm1352000, if you're getting a crash with onlinevideos or movingpictures can you post two sets of logs for each crash.

I can see from the callstack you posted that the issue was after watching something in onlinevideos although logs are all empty so can't confirm with 100% certainty. The Log Tool provided by MediaPortal will help here.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Well, I tracked down the crash originally reported in the first post and just fixed that. Was a silly bug with a log message. It would of occurred only if you watched a 'movie' in onlinevideos, tvseries would of been okay.

That doesnt address your crash when trakt is disabled though.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @mm1352000 , could you please move this thread to the Trakt sub-forum if you have the power. Change the title to read:
    Code:
    Crash occurs after watching a movie from OnlineVideos

If @xfx continues to have a crash when trakt is disabled then he can just create another thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom