[solved] Crash sometimes occurs after watching episode or movie (1 Viewer)

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hmm, I have just had a crash on one of the clients, it is the only machine in the house running Windows 8.1, the others are all on Windows 7. It *seems* to be a Trakt related crash, but might not be. Logs attached.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm i deactivade the plugin because i think the crashes comes from there. I will test this some time if its better now.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    For the users that reported a crash after watching an item, I detected a coding error where I was checking if the watchedhistory was null instead of the watchlist. Issue would probably occur if trakt servers were unavailable at time of sync, thats the only way the watchlist or watchedhistory could be null.

Fix going out soon.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Issue would probably occur if trakt servers were unavailable at time of sync, thats the only way the watchlist or watchedhistory could be null.
    Falls every time after watching the series. Thus, shows no dialogue with evaluation. Although the option is checked. On the site, a series marked as viewed.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @lisag, I noticed your movingpictures log had a crash related to a mediainfo field which the trakt plugin uses to get if the movie is 3D on sync. This is because your plugin version is very old, could you upgrade to atleast v1.7 or even better v1.8+.

I will update the minimum requirements in the next release.

Last edited:

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks for the info!

I have just upgraded all of my machines to MediaPortal 1.10 with all of the latest plug ins. The version of MovingPictures on the machine I posted the logs from (running Windows 8.1) is 1.8.0.1607. Do I need to do something else for mediainfo?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for the info!

I have just upgraded all of my machines to MediaPortal 1.10 with all of the latest plug ins. The version of MovingPictures on the machine I posted the logs from (running Windows 8.1) is 1.8.0.1607. Do I need to do something else for mediainfo?
    I would double check as the log reports v1.5:
    Code:
    [2015-01-08 12:07:26,549] [Log  ] [MPMain  ] [INFO ] - PluginManager: 'C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\windows\MovingPictures.dll' file version: 1.5.1.1487

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    That's very odd. The MPEI says that 1.8.0.1607 is installed (I installed it from the MPEI) but when I open the plug in it is reporting 1.5.1.1487, I'll copy the database and thumbs, uninstall and re-install. Thanks for finding this.

UPDATE: Now on latest version of MovingPictures, hopefully this will solve the problem. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom