Create a default view (1 Viewer)

cladinshadows85

Portal Pro
February 3, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi,

I have only two views/filters one for "Kids Shows", and the other All, "All" is PIN protected, and whenever I go back into TVSeries, it defaults to the previous view it was last on.

It is frustrating for my kids, (who are just learning to use the remote) in what to do, as more times than not, it asks for a PIN code on startup, (as often myself and my wife have been watching shows the night before).

I am seeing if there is somewhere that can make "Kids Shows" the default view, that whenever I go into the plugin, it is the one that is displayed.

I have had a look in the xml's but cant really see anything (I know next to nothing about xml [my only experience with xml was fixing the PIN code stars as they where broken], but with some research I can figure out most things with some direction), but if someone could point me in the right direction that would be helpful.

Currently using MP 1.16
MP-TVSeries 4.3
Windows 10 (& 7 on other machine)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Its sensible feature to have, im pretty sure it does not exist though.

It would be easy to add, I may look at adding this into a future release.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @cladinshadows85, try switching order around so that "All" is not listed first, and pretty sure you can define a default view.

The way you are using it was my main usage as well and I've had @ltfearme made many changes already to accommodate to that, but I didn't bother with suggestions that had an easy work-around.

I don't have the HTPC config in front of me now, but you should be able to find it, and otherwise adjust title so that it sorts at the end, and call it "PIN Protected All" or something so that it sorts below "Kids Shows". When I can view config again I will review how I solved it, as there might be a 'default' view option.

cladinshadows85

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @RoChess, The order of my views is that "Kids Shows' are first, followed by "All", when every I I go back in to MediaPortal to Series, it always goes back to the view that was last used.

See screenshot of my view order. If there is a simple workaround that would be great!

Attachments

• screenshot.png
      screenshot.png
      41.8 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @cladinshadows85, scroll down on that view from screenshot, you sure there are not other options exposed to configure the "Kids Shows" view to be the default one?

Or maybe it is under "Edit", as I can't for the life of me remember it by heart, and I don't have access to HTPC right now.

cladinshadows85

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @RoChess,

this is my screen shot of the setting's and what is under edit, there appears to be nothing to configure a default view, Even under general settings.

Attachments

• screenshot 2.png
      screenshot 2.png
      179.9 KB
    • screenshot 3 general settings.png
      screenshot 3 general settings.png
      81.1 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I just looked at the 'Views' table in the TVSeriesDatabase4.db3, and I'm using ViewTags. I guess I just rely on the fact that ViewTags is always the last used View, so it will consistently return to that. Then inside ViewTags you can manipulate what views are available and have a combination of PIN protected views, and child friendly views without a PIN listed first.

cladinshadows85

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @RoChess
    I have looked at my TVSeriesDatabase4.db3 file with DB Browser for SQLite,
    I can see the 'Views' table, and the closest item I have for 'ViewTags' is 'TaggedView'
    I am not at all familiar with databases and so I probably will need a bit more detail in what I should be doing, see attached screenshot.

I can see how I can change PIN protected and order, but not sure about default view workaround

Attachments

• db browser - tvseries screenshot.png
      db browser - tvseries screenshot.png
      139.7 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Activate and use the 'ViewTags' view.

And keep it on there, and then see if your kid/adult scenario with PIN protected view works

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom