Creating category based on popularity? (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello everyone,

I wanted to create something where I could sort my movies based on the number of stars that they were given (I think this is from IMDB). There is a user rating, a users rating base 10 that I can add a dynamic menu item for or I could add an empty menu item and set some filters. The filters also have the user rating and user rating base 10 but there is also a popularity filter. One problem that I have is I don't know what values can be put into the filter. Is it 1-10? Is it 1-100? Is it some other thing? It would be cool if I could get a list of all films that were 10 stars or better than 7 stars, or between 4-5 stars.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    The rating given from IMDb or another site is not the User Rating / User Rating Base 10, those are the rating fields that you give a movie. I think the one you are after is score, and I believe its decimal value from 1 - 10 e.g. 1.0, 1.1, 1.2...,9.9,10.

The user rating base 10 is populated from the trakt plugin so it can store your non-rounded user rating as the default field that comes with MovingPictures was only ratings from 1 - 5.

The rating fields can probably also return 0, but thats probably not something you need.

123vak123

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2010
    Minsk
    Belarus Belarus
    Country flag
    Once I did it for myself. But for sorting by rating I used the parameter "score", which was loaded with the plot of the movie. The "score" has a value from 1 to 10 and 0 - the rating is not defined. I made 9 subcategories: from 1 to 2, from 2 to 3, etc. If you are interested, I can write more how to do it.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Country flag
    Popularity field is normally reserved for the search node during the initial search to determine which movie best matches your title search. With IMDb+ I repurposed that field to use for the amount of people that voted to establish the score, but not every scraper-script might do the same. The score field is what should represent the rating of the movie, and with IMDb+ this can be configured to be IMDb score, MetaCritics score, RottenTomatoes Critics score, RottenTomatoes Audience score, or even a mix of them all with the additional option to only accept a rating if at least 20+ people have voted for the movie, as you otherwise have crew/fans vote 10/10 for a crappy movie just added.

PS: You can just filter movies with the built in score one, ascending or descending. It is also possible to make this a view.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom