Creating category based on popularity?

Discussion in 'Moving Pictures' started by nzdreamer55, August 28, 2017.

1. nzdreamer55
    • Premium Supporter

nzdreamer55 MP Donator

Veterinarian
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    Hello everyone,

I wanted to create something where I could sort my movies based on the number of stars that they were given (I think this is from IMDB). There is a user rating, a users rating base 10 that I can add a dynamic menu item for or I could add an empty menu item and set some filters. The filters also have the user rating and user rating base 10 but there is also a popularity filter. One problem that I have is I don't know what values can be put into the filter. Is it 1-10? Is it 1-100? Is it some other thing? It would be cool if I could get a list of all films that were 10 stars or better than 7 stars, or between 4-5 stars.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ltfearme
    • Premium Supporter

ltfearme Community Plugin Dev

Software Test Engineer
    Ratings:
    +5,365 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    The rating given from IMDb or another site is not the User Rating / User Rating Base 10, those are the rating fields that you give a movie. I think the one you are after is score, and I believe its decimal value from 1 - 10 e.g. 1.0, 1.1, 1.2...,9.9,10.

The user rating base 10 is populated from the trakt plugin so it can store your non-rounded user rating as the default field that comes with MovingPictures was only ratings from 1 - 5.

The rating fields can probably also return 0, but thats probably not something you need.

4. 123vak123

123vak123 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +136 / 2
    Home Country:
    Belarus Belarus
    Show System Specs
    Once I did it for myself. But for sorting by rating I used the parameter "score", which was loaded with the plot of the movie. The "score" has a value from 1 to 10 and 0 - the rating is not defined. I made 9 subcategories: from 1 to 2, from 2 to 3, etc. If you are interested, I can write more how to do it.

5. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

RoChess Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +1,654 / 2
    Popularity field is normally reserved for the search node during the initial search to determine which movie best matches your title search. With IMDb+ I repurposed that field to use for the amount of people that voted to establish the score, but not every scraper-script might do the same. The score field is what should represent the rating of the movie, and with IMDb+ this can be configured to be IMDb score, MetaCritics score, RottenTomatoes Critics score, RottenTomatoes Audience score, or even a mix of them all with the additional option to only accept a rating if at least 20+ people have voted for the movie, as you otherwise have crew/fans vote 10/10 for a crappy movie just added.

PS: You can just filter movies with the built in score one, ascending or descending. It is also possible to make this a view.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!