CSFD scraper script 0.3.1 [CZ] (1 Viewer)

Kucheek

Portal Member
December 18, 2008
Prague
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
This is continuation of this thread.

Czech scraper script for CSFD.cz
Script for great MovingPictures plugin.
  • Movie name could be in original, English or Czech language
  • Title, Aka Titles, Year, Directors, Actors, Genres, Score and Summary are retrieved from CSFD
  • Writers, Certification, Language, Tagline and Runtime are retrieved from IMDb
  • First original title from CSFD details page is used as alternate title for matching
  • Functional matching based on IMDb ID from NFO files
  • Certification is UK with Czech description (e.g. 15 = Přístupné od 15 let)
  • Articles (The, A, An, Ein, Das, Der, Die, El, Les, Un and Une) are moved to the beginning of the original movie names
  • Not all Languages retrieved from IMDb are translated in Czech
  • Writers are retrieved from IMDb so they are without accents
  • Tagline is retrieved from IMDb so it is in English
  • Runtime is retrieved from IMDb but if it wasn't found on IMDb than script attempt to find it on CSFD
Version: 0.3.1
  • Fixed title recognition for case when CSFD returns details page upon search and the movie has a film type defined (TV Movie, Drama etc.)
Version: 0.3.0

The goal of this version was to make the auto approvals based on NFO files with IMDb IDs possible and also to obtain better matches using alternative movie names when the scraper has to rely only on the filename title. Summary retrieval was also fixed.
  • IMDb ID and alternative title from the detail pages of found movies are now retrieved already in the scraper search phase, which is necessary for correct match and also makes the IMDb ID auto-approval possible.
  • Repaired retrieving Summary from CSFD
  • Repaired recognizing of details page
Installation:
  1. Download the .xml file (attachment at bottom of this post).
  2. Open "MediaPortal Configuration", go to the "Plugins", select "Moving Pictures" and "Config".
  3. Select the "Importer Settings" tab.
  4. In the "Data Sources" section select the "Manually manage movie data sources" radio button.
  5. Click the "Movie Details Data Sources" button.
  6. In the popup click the arrow just to the right of the "+" button and pick "Add a New Data Source".
  7. Browse to the .xml scraper file you have downloaded and click OK.
  8. It should automatically update the existing "CSFD.cz" scraper to new version.

Attachments

• CSFD.xml
    16.2 KB
Last edited:

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Hi Kucheek.

Yesterday installed new MP client and then tried your new Csfd scraper. Work well. Thanks for your perfect work, only two little mistakes was found only:

Oběšenec.mkv - Oběšenec <span class="film-type">(TV film)</span> (2001)
    Lijavec.avi - Lijavec <span class="film-type">(divadelní záznam)</span> (1997)

No tragedy, quick hand edit and both are perfect :) If you need do some testing work, I´m ready for it.

JiRo.

Kucheek

Portal Member
    December 18, 2008
    Prague
    Home Country
    Hi JiRo, thanks for pointing that out. The two mistakes you discovered, it appears both were a combination of two conditions which don't happen that much - movie had a type defined in the title and at the same time, the search functionality retrieved directly the details page for the movie. I have modified the regular expression to count with such cases.

The fix is in the version 0.3.1, see the first post with attached file.

Cheers
    Kucheek

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Hi Kucheek.

CSFD changes part "Obsah" in the movie detail. I've tried fix it. Because you take care about CSFD scraper i give you this draft for your supervision.

Cheers,
    Jiro.

Attachments

• CSFD_3_2_draft.xml
      16.4 KB

Kucheek

Portal Member
    December 18, 2008
    Prague
    Home Country
    Hi Jiro, sorry for late response, please go ahead and modify the script as necessary. As I no longer use MediaPortal (I moved my HTPC to Linux platform), I leave it up to others to keep the script up-to-date. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom