MP2 - V2.1 Currently Playing button disappears if PowerMenu used (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I found one bug. Can somebody please confirm before creating a Jira.

Video - OK
    If you are playing a video the "currently playing" button is added to the GroupMenu.
    Once pressing the power button the CP button disappears and returns when leaving the power menu

Audio - NOK
    If you are playing an audio file the "currently playing" button is added to the GroupMenu.
    Once pressing the power button the CP button disappears and returns only after pressing another GroupMenu button

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    If you are playing an audio file the "currently playing" button is added to the GroupMenu.
    Once pressing the power button the CP button disappears and returns only after pressing another GroupMenu button
    Can not confirm this. As soon as I press the power button the CP button disappears as you reported. But here it appears again as soon as the Power menu is closed. No need to press a different GroupMenu button... Tested this with Win 10 theme, in case you suspect my theme to make the difference..

But I have a suggestion... I would prefer to have the CP information (and most likely also the player controls) inside the music view. It is very complicated to navigate all the way to the group menu and then completely to the right only to see which song currently is playing. The extra information could be placed it the footer instead of the description, that often is empty nevertheless...
    Something like this quick and dirty mockup, with additional name of artist and song title above the smaller player control:
    Unbenannt.jpg

Another place where this can be shown is in the header replacing "Audiotitel" Similar as it is in WMC skin but probably with a extra tiny player interface...
    upload_2017-3-27_14-42-32.png

This will make navigation inside music nicer a lot.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    Can not confirm this. As soon as I press the power button the CP button disappears as you reported. But here it appears again as soon as the Power menu is closed. No need to press a different GroupMenu button... Tested this with Win 10 theme, in case you suspect my theme to make the difference..
    Most probably I've introduced something with last changes, but I can not figure out what is wrong.
    I found out that the currently_playing_audio.xaml was broken and the fallback was used. I corrected some issues and now the mentioned problem occurs.
    I'll take another look and try to fix it :rolleyes:

But I have a suggestion... I would prefer to have the CP information (and most likely also the player controls) inside the music view. It is very complicated to navigate all the way to the group menu and then completely to the right only to see which song currently is playing. The extra information could be placed it the footer instead of the description, that often is empty nevertheless...
    Something like this quick and dirty mockup, with additional name of artist and song title above the smaller player control:
    This is something not easy, as the current structure is manifested in the MenuModel. For Win10 theme is seems theoretically possible, if the player controls are very small and without visual information. For BV it's not possible because of missing space. Due to that I have no plans to change the current behaviour.
    In case you like the thin player controls of WMC, I propose you use the dark theme or merge the benefits from both into your own theme.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    Most probably I've introduced something with last changes, but I can not figure out what is wrong.
    I found out that the currently_playing_audio.xaml was broken and the fallback was used. I corrected some issues and now the mentioned problem occurs.
    I'll take another look and try to fix it :rolleyes:
    I can not find the issue. The GroupMenu part in master_bare_players.xaml is exactly the same as in previous version, so I have no clue what is causing the issue.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I could not reproduce this in the latest builds. Appears to be fixed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom