Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (8 Viewers)

onetoomany

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
UK
Red button question:
Is it possible to record / watch red button stuff using this plugin? I've manually added these channels in the past, but they rapidly get moved to my Old Sky Channels section and they don't seem to get any EPG - occasionally, the plugin will detect the channels, but I guess only while a sporting event is on. I'm concious that in a few months time, a good chunk of the Olympics is likely to be broadcast on these channels, and it would be great if I could set my MP to record the sports I'm interested in while at work. Of course, the plan B is what the rest of London is doing, and "working from home" that week!

It would be great if:
a) these channels were stable in my channel listings, rather than coming and going
b) I could attach an EPG to them, but I suspect that there isn't one broadcast?

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Red button support was on @DJBlu's to-do list..

I find that you can watch it on the channels that just have a number - bit hit and miss though, and you are right, very rarely is an EPG shown (now and next occasionally)

metropolis

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2007
    Orpington
    Home Country
    With the impending release of version 1.2.3 and then 1.3.0, is this excellent plugin now included in the main releases does anyone know?
    I'm a bit of an update junkie and can't resist using the latest version, but can't live with a working epg for DVB-T and DVB-S.

kind regards.

clarkey2r

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2009
    Home Country
    With the impending release of version 1.2.3 and then 1.3.0, is this excellent plugin now included in the main releases does anyone know?
    As far as I'm aware DJBlu's mods aren't included but I don't know why, does any one know if the enhancements could have a negative impact for other users??

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    I believe tv server integration is #10 on the first posts to do list

Gonna be a long tine coming tho looking at the rest of the list ;)

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Well, MP1.2.3 is out and apparently has vastly improved TV Server speed and channel changes. How do we get the custom data grabber to work with the new version?

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Wait.....

Alternatively download the tsreader manually from the area 51 forum. It is improved further then that of the 1.2.3 update if I'm not mistaken

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Wait.....

Alternatively download the tsreader manually from the area 51 forum. It is improved further then that of the 1.2.3 update if I'm not mistaken

ever the sucker for fixing things that aint broke I gave it a shot. Its definitely not as simple as copying over the new ts writer file and re registering the .ax file. This broke my system and made 1) TV server config not load up, 2) channel changes take 15 seconds with 3) TV stuttering and all. Something isnt playing nice with the experimental GIT branch as worked on by DJBlu and Icam2. And I suspect we'll only see this working properly with a proper 1.2.3 install.

We wait and hope :)

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Uploaded setup files for 1.2.3

You can install these over your 1.2.2 installations.

If you wish to use the TBS tuning then you are going to have to merge and build yourselves. I have pushed the changes to git so you can do this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom