Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (1 Viewer)

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I just threw the latest installers from page 1 over the top of my 1.3.0b install and all seems fine - will I have any side effects from doing that?

Was never sure if your installers were a complete version of MP just with your plugins added or not!

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi @DJBlu

I've been trying to create a plugin that would emulate what you've created with the freeview/Sky UK/Sky IT work. Unfortunately I am unable to make anything work. I even had a peek in your dlls for inspiration but hell that just shows that I don't know enough about VB to do what you have done (I'm a civil engineer and have not done a lot of programming; especially lambda expressions).

I realise that you're busy doing all sorts of wonderful work but are you able to adapt your plugin to work fully in New Zealand? Currently, the UK one works and can scan channels (as long as I change the transponder information to the correct ones) as well as play them and I'm certain it would update them too as long as it remembered the correct transponder settings once entered. However, due to some inconsistencies in the way Sky NZ have rolled out their platform, they don't conform to the same LCN pattern and their EPG is populated with some erroneous code which adds extra characters at the front of the titles.

I've attached the image of the EPG:

NZ EPG.jpg

I know that the LCN/EPG data is stored on Optus D1 TP NZ13 Freq: 12519000 TSID: 3 SID: 9003 and SR: 22500 with a Horizontal polarity.

The LCN's appear to be hidden in 0xb1 (this code was taken from EPGCollector, which was developed by NZSJB and MM1352000 for MHEPG use in NZ internalconstint OpenTVChannelInfoDescriptorTag = 0xb1; as EPGCollector can pick up the LCNs for NZ).

I spent some time also editing the original work you did with @miroslav22 to incorporate an NZ specific setting in TSwriter and TVE3 but no matter what I do I can't get it compile; in fact when downloading the original untouched source, I can't get it to compile so I must have screwed something up!

I realise that this might be a difficult task but I can provide all the testing and TS data IF you want to do it; I've just realised over the past month that bar minor editing (which I don't even seem to be able to get right!) I'm not going to create something that will work as I just don't know enough code.

(BTW anyone seen MM? He's disappeared from various NZ websites; hope he is ok!)

Sorry for the essay here and thanks for your time.

Chris

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I just threw the latest installers from page 1 over the top of my 1.3.0b install and all seems fine - will I have any side effects from doing that?

Was never sure if your installers were a complete version of MP just with your plugins added or not!

Hey psykix, did that upgrade you from 1.3.0B upto the RC? Have you still not experienced any issues?!

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country

Hey psykix, did that upgrade you from 1.3.0B upto the RC? Have you still not experienced any issues?!

All seems great - and yes, 1.3.0RC (and 11 line working Titan TV Guide :) )

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    is the latest version working with powerscheduler? i havent tried this for a long time and tried the other day but i couldnt get powerscheduler to pick up any times to come out of sleep for recording or to do an epg grab, it just showed no times or anything? anyone got experience of using the two together?

David230

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hello DJBlu,

As per your request to post in here from my "Sky UK Grabber" thread. I can confirm my date/time is set on both my laptop, HTPC clients and my server. EPG time offset is the same on both clients at +7hr35mins . I have the TV server running as a master setup on my server which has 1x TBS 6925 installed with just the BDA driver only.

As far as I can tell I have installed everything as per instructions but I will read back through to see what I might have missed!

thanks
    David

Hi, I am very new to media portal and I'm slowly getting my head around parts of the setup process. I recently installed 1.3 rc along with sky uk grabber and my epg populated fine just by simply using the "grab now" button within thr plugin. My only problem at the moment seems to be the programs schedule which although appears in order, the time is offset by a few hours!

Please could someone guide me on how to adjust the time offset for this epg setup as I'm running a pretty sweet Mediaportal frontend with nearly everything working the way I want it. Very pleased considering I dont know that much about it other than some of the basics learned through guides on here. I think I got lucky!!

thanks
    David

Hi David,

Support will not be offered in here I am affraid, If you ask in the thread where you downloaded the files then I will help in there.

In the mean time check your system time and timezone as the TV Server corrects to your timezone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom