Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (4 Viewers)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hmm. What happens when you update the EPG then? Nothing?

Do your DVB-S(2) cards have "Allow this card to be used for EPG grabbing" ticked?

Last edited:

David230

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hmm. What happens when you update the EPG then? Nothing?

Do your DVB-S(2) cards have "Allow this card to be used for EPG grabbing" ticked?

I have that option ticked also..

When I press the refresh button it pops up with the message along the lines of "epg grabber will restart shortly" then I ok to come out and back into tv guide in media portal. I can leave it for as long as I like but it still wont populate on any channel..

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Are you sure you have clicked "None" for the channels in the "TV EPG Grabber" section? Someone else I advised said it didn't work until he did that. Other than that, I think I'm stumped. If the "Refresh DVB EPG" button does nothing I'd start a support thread with logs.

DJBlu, when I run the Sky UK grabber it finds 912 channels and then updates the EPG of 648 of them, taking 13 minutes. However, I only have ~220 channels in my EPG (including radio channels). Is there any way of getting it to just update the channels in the guide? Presumably this'd be quicker.

Last edited:

David230

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    thankyou for your help DragonQ. I will try a little while longer if no joy I will start a support thread.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Um, I have a problem. Last night one of my recordings cut out about 30 minutes in. Now, every time I start the TV Service, the Sky grabber turns on (on the first DVB-S2 tuner), then after a few seconds the TV Service just turns itself off. Logs attached.

EDIT: Nope, it's doing it again after restarting. TV Service keeps turning off when Sky Grabber turns on. I was able to prevent it turning off by timeshifting on another card, but then when I go to the Sky UK Grabber page, the "Grab Now" button does nothing. mysqld.exe is also using up an entire core, making TV choppy. :(

Attachments

• tv.zip
      355.5 KB
    Last edited:

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    thankyou for your help DragonQ. I will try a little while longer if no joy I will start a support thread.

Disable the plugin as you don't need it.

Also do not go into MediaPortal until the EPG is populated. It takes 10 minutes to grab the data from the satellite stream. If you start MediaPortal then the TV Plugin tells the TV Server "Hey stop grabbing as I need you for something". Wait until you see the card become idle in manual control before closing TV Setup.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Um, I have a problem. Last night one of my recordings cut out about 30 minutes in. Now, every time I start the TV Service, the Sky grabber turns on (on the first DVB-S2 tuner), then after a few seconds the TV Service just turns itself off. Logs attached.

EDIT: Nope, it's doing it again after restarting. TV Service keeps turning off when Sky Grabber turns on. I was able to prevent it turning off by timeshifting on another card, but then when I go to the Sky UK Grabber page, the "Grab Now" button does nothing. mysqld.exe is also using up an entire core, making TV choppy. :(

Is your card a TBS?

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country

Is your card a TBS?
    No. I'm still getting mysqld.exe CPU spikes 30 minutes later.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country

Is your card a TBS?
    No. I'm still getting mysqld.exe CPU spikes 30 minutes later.

Try repairing your database

Load a command prompt/DOS box and type (update the path or password if required):

net stop tvservice
    c:
    cd \program files\mysql\mysql server 5.1\bin
    mysqlcheck mptvdb --auto-repair -e -u root -p --password=MediaPortal
    net start tvservice

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    During repair it said:

mptvdb.history
    error: Found key at page 29696 that points to a record outside datafile
    error: Corrupt

After fixing my syntax (idiot), it now says all tables are OK. Quite a few had lots of clients that hadn't closed the table properly or something. Will let you know if the problem appears again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom