Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (2 Viewers)

David230

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Thankyou DJBlu and DragonQ.

I now have a fully working epg. DJBlu you mentioned about the possible timezone issue and I thought I had checked the tv server timezone too. It turns out it was the tv server master set to canada so this morning when I changed that back to london all is well.

I will be donating more money to mediaportal at the end of the month.

Last edited:

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Try repairing your database

Load a command prompt/DOS box and type (update the path or password if required):

net stop tvservice
    c:
    cd \program files\mysql\mysql server 5.1\bin
    mysqlcheck mptvdb --auto-repair -e -u root -p --password=MediaPortal
    net start tvservice
    Just came back from the gym, turned the TV on, and I was getting dropped packets every ~10 seconds or so for about a minute, then it stabilised. However, mysqld.exe wasstill giving me constant CPU spikes 10 minutes later:

CPU spikes.png

Definitely didn't used to get this before enabling the Sky UK Grabber :s. I've added more complete logs this time.

EDIT: HMMM if I disable both PS++ and Sky UK Grabber and restart, I still get the CPU spikes. I'm not convinced that this is to do with the Sky UK Grabber, although I've only noticed it since installing it. I will make a support thread about it.

Last edited:

Huxy

October 8, 2010
    Home Country
    Has anything changed with regards to the categories in the last couple of days. The majority of my channels have been removed from all the categories even though I can see them in the tv server channel lists. I've tried doing a EPG update, which appears to work correctly, but still a lot of the channels aren't grouped.

E.g. Sports category is empty

I don't see anything odd in the logs either; I've included the TV log for reference.. Any suggestions?
    P.s. I did a DB check, but it was all good..

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    i asked a few posts back for advice as when i used powerscheduler++ it didnt pick up any times to bring the machine out of sleep, epg/recordings nothing, and so just wondered if it was me or if there was an issue between the two, i asked in the powerscheduler++ forum but they not even know what your plugin was.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    i asked a few posts back for advice as when i used powerscheduler++ it didnt pick up any times to bring the machine out of sleep, epg/recordings nothing, and so just wondered if it was me or if there was an issue between the two, i asked in the powerscheduler++ forum but they not even know what your plugin was.

The code is in there to wake the machine so it should work fine. The wife hasn't nagged me yet. All I can say is as with everything in this thread, give it a go. If it doesn't work then report back.

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    Does series link work for uk freesat channels ??
    I asked way back in this thread but it just got buried....

Thanks..

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country

Wake up for record works perfect here (not on rc mind but I presume that has had no changes) from the epg

I have spotted an issue though, the wake up event doesn't get set when you import a schedule - reported this a while a go but this thread constantly changes and things get buried.

So if you imported the schedule then the wake up events won't occur. Not sure of this is a generic mepo issue or 1 for djblu

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country

The code is in there to wake the machine so it should work fine. The wife hasn't nagged me yet. All I can say is as with everything in this thread, give it a go. If it doesn't work then report back.

i will try it again but it did not work as far as i could see will produce relevant logs.[DOUBLEPOST=1361270979][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Does series link work for uk freesat channels ??
    I asked way back in this thread but it just got buried....

Thanks..

no this is not part of the freesat grabber :) i just use the sky plugin and sort the channels i use myself that way i get the series link feature which is what i like most about mepo tv side.[DOUBLEPOST=1361271111][/DOUBLEPOST]

Wake up for record works perfect here (not on rc mind but I presume that has had no changes) from the epg

I have spotted an issue though, the wake up event doesn't get set when you import a schedule - reported this a while a go but this thread constantly changes and things get buried.

So if you imported the schedule then the wake up events won't occur. Not sure of this is a generic mepo issue or 1 for djblu

mmm not imported any schedules etc all sorted manually myself, thanks for input will keep it in mind :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom