Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (7 Viewers)

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Bob808 have you increased the grab time?

I tried it at 60 and 120 but no difference on the hauppague card... have just reset the database and the tbs cards work perfect - will do the same again and try the hauppague again..

Edit 1: ok, seems to work with hauppague now... will try with all 4 tuners enabled...

Edit 2: aargh - the haupague card adds channels and epg, but gives a no signal error when tuning to any of them!

Edit 3: Working perfect with my TBS 6981 and 8920 tuners - but not on my haup hd-s2 card

Sounds Like the haupague is locking up after the first scan. Do you have it setup to preload? i used to have problems with an old card doing that. 8920 are the best ones i've ever had.

Change the diseqc to simple A, this is a known problem with hauppage cards

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    Tried that but still no signal... Have set in the card settings page. Can't set in the plugin window as it does not have per card settings and my main tuner is tbs so I have that set to none. Is it simply that the cards won't coexist with the plugin?

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Tried that but still no signal... Have set in the card settings page. Can't set in the plugin window as it does not have per card settings and my main tuner is tbs so I have that set to none. Is it simply that the cards won't coexist with the plugin?

The tuners in the plugin scan with the settings in the plugin page. The channels will use the settings that are stored in the tv server. You need to reset you machine after setting the diseqc as the card gets locked when tuning without diseqc set.

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    I have restarted the tv service after changing the settings do I need to do a full reboot?

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    Thanks... Rebooting now

Edit... And still no signal... Think it's easier to can this card.....

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    I have restarted the tv service after changing the settings do I need to do a full reboot?

Try this for me m8.

Go into tv channels. Select a channel, edit it. Look in the tuning details, check the modulation is either qpsk - sd, 8psk - hd. If not then change it an try tuning. Let me know how you get on. Don't throw the card as I have one also and can test at the weekend.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Does the freesat plugin work as well? Now

Added to first post, it is working ok here. I will add the Grab time feature tonight. It defaults to 60 seconds which is more than enough time on even the slowest machine.

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    I have swapped out my hauppague card with a tevii s464 and I now have 4 working tuners! I was using the hauppague card as the tevii caused a bluescreen when in with the 8920 but new drivers have fixed that.

Djblu - my brother in law has a multicard setup with the hauppague cards and will test this out in the next couple of days

icam2

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Been letting the new plugin do its thing once an hour for the past 6 hours. No problems apart from its not deleting the old .ts files once its finished (not sure if its just me). Thats the only thing i can see wrong DJBlu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom