Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (6 Viewers)

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Same for me... Stable and working fine but keeping the .ts files. Otherwise fine - will be perfect with series link :0)

Thanks for the hard work and perseverance dj blu - appreciate the frustrations you have had getting this far with this!

Bob

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Same for me... Stable and working fine but keeping the .ts files. Otherwise fine - will be perfect with series link :0)

Thanks for the hard work and perseverance dj blu - appreciate the frustrations you have had getting this far with this!

Bob

Fixed, Download the Custom Grabber from the first post and replace the old one.

icam2

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2011
    Home Country

Bob

Fixed, Download the Custom Grabber from the first post and replace the old one.

Cheers for the fixes DJBlu both grabber and freesat work %100 on my system.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    Excellent work DJBlu, I do admire your perseverence!

I'll look forward to doing a rebuild with this once series link is added :)

chrissnow

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2011
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Great work!
    I seem to be able to watch and scan now too.

So did the bug I found which turned out to be disk IO speed be the root cause of most peoples issues?

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    DJBlu,

Will the 2 plugin's get combined at some point as I use Freesat but also have a few FTA channels in my line up that are not part of Freesat.

Cheers for all your hard work.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    DJBlu,

Will the 2 plugin's get combined at some point as I use Freesat but also have a few FTA channels in my line up that are not part of Freesat.

Cheers for all your hard work.

Sorry pal not in the pipeline at the moment,

I could add an option to the Sky Plugin to ignore Encrypted channels if you would like? This would allow you to use Skys EPG grabber and have your extra FTA channels. This would require some extra work on your behalf, you would have to go through what you want displayed in the TV Guide and hide channels you don't want. I could also add an option to not update channels that are not in the Guide.

Would this approach work?

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    I have a question.. If I use your channel scanner, and then hide some channels and rearrange the order that the groups are in, what happens the next time a scheduled channel scan is performed? Will it add back the hidden channels or rearrange the group orders or will it keep the settings?

Cheers..

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Great work!
    I seem to be able to watch and scan now too.

So did the bug I found which turned out to be disk IO speed be the root cause of most peoples issues?

No mate, your computers where too quick for the code!

I had a CPU throttler in the plugin which calculated how many seconds of data to grab.

It was a little loop that increased a number over 3 seconds, this number was divided by 1.3 and then taken from 360.

When you take of 4560 from 360 and round up you get 0. So no data was being grabbed.

I am working on another method of CPU throttling so your machines don't suffer if watching TV and grabbing at the same time but this will be in later releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom