Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (7 Viewers)

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have a question.. If I use your channel scanner, and then hide some channels and rearrange the order that the groups are in, what happens the next time a scheduled channel scan is performed? Will it add back the hidden channels or rearrange the group orders or will it keep the settings?

Cheers..

If the channels are hidden they will stay hidden. The grabber should only unhide channels that are new. It will not change the hidden status of channels already added.

If it does then please let me know.

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Excellent work DJBlu, I do admire your perseverence!

I'll look forward to doing a rebuild with this once series link is added :)

Its about 1-2 hours away. Couldn't hold it in any more! hahaha.

Will this be an update to the Sky plugin, or will we need a custom SVN install?

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    DJBlu,

Will the 2 plugin's get combined at some point as I use Freesat but also have a few FTA channels in my line up that are not part of Freesat.

Cheers for all your hard work.

Sorry pal not in the pipeline at the moment,

I could add an option to the Sky Plugin to ignore Encrypted channels if you would like? This would allow you to use Skys EPG grabber and have your extra FTA channels. This would require some extra work on your behalf, you would have to go through what you want displayed in the TV Guide and hide channels you don't want. I could also add an option to not update channels that are not in the Guide.

Would this approach work?

Hi mate,

Yes, I think this would work as its basically what I'm doing now with the current setup. I run a scan and then delete the channels i don't want so that what I'm left with is my EPG. The reason I asked about a combined plugin is that channels such as ITV4 +1 are only available on Freesat and not in the Sky EPG anymore so if I was to use only the Sky grabber then these channels wouldn't have any EPG. Am i understanding that right??

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    I don't care either way (selfish comment ;)). The SVN is now high enough to include Jameson's Radio EPG fix so I can finally test without massive grief from the wife :D

You'll still be missing some fairly serious fixes dropping to this SVN (assuming you're an SVN tester and not just sticking to the 1.2 beta release that is) but once series link is added it'll probably be worth it. At least I think so.

Thanks for all the work DJBlu and sorry I couldn't help in the early testing stages. You and the guys that helped debug this are real stars :D

All the best,

Wo0zy

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    I don't care either way (selfish comment ;)). The SVN is now high enough to include Jameson's Radio EPG fix so I can finally test without massive grief from the wife :D

You'll still be missing some fairly serious fixes dropping to this SVN (assuming you're an SVN tester and not just sticking to the 1.2 beta release that is) but once series link is added it'll probably be worth it. At least I think so.

Thanks for all the work DJBlu and sorry I couldn't help in the early testing stages. You and the guys that helped debug this are real stars :D

All the best,

Wo0zy

I just wanted to know if I should hold off until DJBlu releases the series link version, or if it's a simple .dll plugin replace :D

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    DJBlu,

Will the 2 plugin's get combined at some point as I use Freesat but also have a few FTA channels in my line up that are not part of Freesat.

Cheers for all your hard work.

Sorry pal not in the pipeline at the moment,

I could add an option to the Sky Plugin to ignore Encrypted channels if you would like? This would allow you to use Skys EPG grabber and have your extra FTA channels. This would require some extra work on your behalf, you would have to go through what you want displayed in the TV Guide and hide channels you don't want. I could also add an option to not update channels that are not in the Guide.

Would this approach work?

Hi mate,

Yes, I think this would work as its basically what I'm doing now with the current setup. I run a scan and then delete the channels i don't want so that what I'm left with is my EPG. The reason I asked about a combined plugin is that channels such as ITV4 +1 are only available on Freesat and not in the Sky EPG anymore so if I was to use only the Sky grabber then these channels wouldn't have any EPG. Am i understanding that right??

Your forgetting mate the Freesat EPG is still a feature of Media Portal. You can scan for the channels using Sky UK grabber and then select the Freesat Info radio channel in the Radio EPG. If you can't find this channel then you can add it. The freesat epg grabber built into MediaPortal will then update the channels you have in your database.

I will be adding a freesat EPG grabber into the channel scanner in the future so you could scan using Sky GRabber and grab the EPG with the Freesat grabber.

Till then you can add the Freesat EPG channel by scanning the following.

11426000 Horizontal 27500

It will add the Freesat Info Channel into the Radio channels. Select this in the Radio EPG grabber and you will get the data. If not you can add it manually.

The details are

Name: Freesat Info
    Frequency: 11426.00
    Polarisation: Horizontal
    Modulation: QPSK
    SymbolRate: 27500
    Inversion: 2/3
    NID:59
    TID:2315
    SID: 10530

Be sure to add it as a DVB-S Radio Channel and it will grab your data.

Hope this helps.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country

All the best,

Wo0zy

I just wanted to know if I should hold off until DJBlu releases the series link version, or if it's a simple .dll plugin replace :D

I'd hold off. Its a complete install of all files, except the Custom Data Grabber.dll

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country

All the best,

Wo0zy

This will be updated with Beta's, RC's and Final versions. It's too difficult to maintain especially with the new plugin version checker.

The ultimate aim as always is to get it implemented into the SVN so there is no need for updates. Then it will be a case of Just updating the Plugins.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Excellent work DJBlu, I do admire your perseverence!

I'll look forward to doing a rebuild with this once series link is added :)

Its about 1-2 hours away. Couldn't hold it in any more! hahaha.

Will this be an update to the Sky plugin, or will we need a custom SVN install?

Check the first page.

Files are there for download.

You will need to Remove all channels and rescan and it will update the EPG with the Series Link info.

Off to my pit for some much needed sleep! See y'all laters.

Sk3wby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2008
    Hi DJBlu,

Great work with this new release! Is it just me or is channel changing now much faster than before? Sky Grabber works really well by itself but i have a Pinnacle 7010iX - 2xDVB-T & 2xDVB-S (TV server recognises it as 3010iX but works fine) & an Hauppauge Nova HD-S2. I select all cards DiSeqc to Level 1AA as the Nova is connected a DiSeqc switch.

After fresh install i run Sky Grabber & all channels are found & mapped to all 3 DVB-S (Channel 4 HD is automatically mapped Only to the Nova, impressive!). Then i scan one of my DVB-T cards to get all the freeview channels and map them to the other. I add itv4+1 via DVB-S. Starting the grabber again at this point results in a quick update with no changes made.

Then i combine the duplicate DVB-T channels with their DVB-S counterparts. All this still works great. I also like to rearrage the Channels group to a more friendly format, itv2>itv2+1>itv3>itv3+1 etc. Trouble is next time the grabber runs i get info as in the attached pic.

After the scan many channels are missing (i guess renamed) and others will not tune,others become un-mapped from DVB-S cards.

Not a complaint, just trying to give helpfull feedback. Your time & effort on this great plugin is really appreciated. Thanks!

On a side-note, i would like to use the freesat & freeview epgs to populate the non-sky channels. I understand that i can do this by selecting the freesat info radio channel & a freesat channel under DVB EPG but will series-link still work? i.e. when freesat info radio channel is used, won't it over-write the sky data for shared channels with it's own description & series-link info?

Again, great work!

Attachments

• TV Server.png
      TV Server.png
      81.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom