Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (9 Viewers)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    any possible way i can add a broup as sky box office? also maybe have the EPG?

another thing, i dont think the grabber is recieveing all the box office channels?

thanks
    When you do a normal channel scan outside of the plugn grabs, can you see the box office channels and their EPG? In New Zealand the information is transmitted via EIT and I'm curious if the UK is the same.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    any possible way i can add a broup as sky box office? also maybe have the EPG?

another thing, i dont think the grabber is recieveing all the box office channels?

thanks
    When you do a normal channel scan outside of the plugn grabs, can you see the box office channels and their EPG? In New Zealand the information is transmitted via EIT and I'm curious if the UK is the same.

It's not the same in the UK.

It is part of the OpenTV proprietary system.

The way it works is there are titles and summaries for the events(films/sporting events) then there are sub events(with time details) which link to the event data. As there are multiple event start times on different pids this is the most data efficient way.

What is lacking is the amount of effort needed(by me) for a feature that would rarely be used if at all.

This is the first time in 2-3 years of development it has popped up.

chr0non

Portal Member
    September 11, 2011
    Hi djblu,

Just upgraded to MP 1.5 with the latest version of the SKY UK plugin (1.4.0.6) and am having a problem getting it to see my cards.

I have 2 identical TBS 6981 twin DVB-S2 cards but the plugin only shows tuners A & B on the first card. Previously I was using v1.2.0.34 of the plugin and could see tuners A & B on both cards.

I can manually do the channel mappings for now, so not the end of the world, but I wondered if MP using identical names for both cards could be an issue for the plugin?

Thanks.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    ...but I wondered if MP using identical names for both cards could be an issue for the plugin?
    Not normally.
    Post your log files please. :)

It is an issue for the plugin and something I am working on. I need to add the physical address so it they can be mapped correctly.

Once upon a time, I used to run 3 x TBS6981 cards with your plugin and it worked fine? Maybe something has changed!

chr0non

Portal Member
    September 11, 2011
    ...but I wondered if MP using identical names for both cards could be an issue for the plugin?
    Not normally.
    Post your log files please. :)

It is an issue for the plugin and something I am working on. I need to add the physical address so it they can be mapped correctly.

Thanks djblu. Like I said ... no biggie. Manual mapping will work until you get a chance to fix it.

desidunda

Portal Member
    November 16, 2010
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Home Country
    It's not the same in the UK.

It is part of the OpenTV proprietary system.

The way it works is there are titles and summaries for the events(films/sporting events) then there are sub events(with time details) which link to the event data. As there are multiple event start times on different pids this is the most data efficient way.

What is lacking is the amount of effort needed(by me) for a feature that would rarely be used if at all.

This is the first time in 2-3 years of development it has popped up.

Hi djblue since sky box office subject has popped up in mp1.3 I used to get the box office channels with their correct channel numbers but in all channels group once I added them manually to box office group they would remain there but since mp1.4 up wards all box office channels have the same channel number and cannot be added to the box office group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom