Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (5 Viewers)

ears

Portal Member
October 7, 2008
If you hang on a while I'm going to include the 2 plugin DLLs in the build so you don't need to download and place them separately.

ears

Portal Member
October 7, 2008
I now have the installer set up so that it'll also place the custom epg grabber dll and the uk, nz and it plugins, save you a job. I just want to make sure that I get the right version of @Benoire 's NZ EPG but don't know which version to use - does anyone have a link? I currently have the older one from the front page.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You want to use that one really as my version is not feature complete, i.e. its better at scanning but it doesn't do program groups yet...

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    Thanks Benoire - in that case here's a version of the full installer with the required DLLs embedded. This installer places the custom grabber dll in the TV server root, and the 3 plugins in the plugin folder. After installation just run the TV Server config then select and enable the plugin for your region and off you go. No need to download and place additional DLLs.

Could do with someone having a full run through test of this if possible - I don't really have the setup to do it. I've tested the constituent parts (run the installer in a VM and ensured the database fields are created and DLLs placed, run the patched Mediaportal and TV server on my live setup) but not done a full run through from installing the attached to downloading EPG to setting up a series link in MP.

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi @ears/@Benoire, so if I have MP 1.8 already installed, what would you suggest is the best way to get DJBlu plugin up and running if I can't use your new installer? Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    @JJDoherty there may be better ways of doing this that other people can suggest but all we need to do is get those fields created in SQL.

How technical are you? Would you be happy running a SQL script if I gave it to you? MySQL workbench helps with that kind of thing and is free.

If not, there'll be a way. I could do an upgrade installer that runs the upgrade even if it's not required - I could update the SQL to not try the creation if the fields already exist so anyone who ran it who already had the fields wouldn't run into problems.

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    @JJDoherty ...How technical are you?...I could do an upgrade installer...

Hi @ears, thanks for getting back to me, I'm technical enough and I should be able to run anything you're happy to give me or tell me the location of, although an upgrade installer really sounds great.

Last edited:

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    Upgrade installer would work, it just takes the source code for the grabber further and further away from the original MP code which will make merging when 1.9 comes out more of a pain. The more changes I make, the harder it'll be for the next person to merge. The other option is to simply not check the changes in, but then when the next person merges on 1.9 the upgrade installer disappears and they have the same problem. Or that's what my limited understanding of git leads me to believe.

A lot of the logic for the installer is written in C# and I got quite used to it. I think the ideal really in this situation is to add new things rather than change existing. So I could put a little check in the database creation and upgrade checks to see if the 3 required fields exist. If not run an extra little SQL query, outside the serial upgrade path of the existing queries, that creates them. That way it should never get missed by the database version control checks, as it is being now. I haven't spotted, yet, how this was handled in earlier versions when the user was installing the version afresh, then running DJBlu's custom installer, effectively upgrading to the same version.

I'll have a look tonight but if you want the SQL you need to run just let me know.

PS I'm very new to Mediaportal - if anyone knows its structure better than me, and thinks I'm mad, feel free to let me know.

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    ...but if you want the SQL you need to run just let me know...

It sounds like you have a good idea in your head of what direction you'd like to take it at least. To add my tuppence worth, the idea of using a check to add the additional columns, if needed, is the way to go.

If you could send me the SQL as well as the list/location of the various DLL's etc. to install I'd be very grateful. Thanks once again for all your effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom