Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber | Page 305

Discussion in 'General Development (no feature request here!)' started by DJBlu, May 19, 2011.

1. Benoire
    • Premium Supporter

Benoire MP Donator

Civil Engineer
    Ratings:
    +135 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    I can't comment on the code itself as its all DJBlu's work. If you pull apart the latest DLL you have from him, you'll see it is pretty much similar except in places where I had to grab some previous code and make it work.

As part of the continuous improvement to the plugins, we will shift them to C# and I hope that will make them more aligned with MP.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DragonQ

DragonQ Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +74 / 2
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Well if it's going to be rewritten to be more aligned with the main MP code I guess that makes sense, but personally I prefer VB.NET to C#.

4. Benoire
    • Premium Supporter

Benoire MP Donator

Civil Engineer
    Ratings:
    +135 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    VB.Net is easier, there is no doubt for me but if we are to keep this system alive within TVE3.5 as a native build rather than a mod I personally believe we need to align with the main MP code better so it can be integrated easier and then solve how the custom data grabber he transponder information so it is less IO intensive.

Anywho, I've got my main Xenserver back up running after catastrophic meltdown last week so should be back with VS next week to try and make changes to the plugins!

5. ay129

ay129 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    @ears , @JJDoherty

Guys,

I'm running 1.8 and need the SQL tweaks that you guys have been discussing. Could you send them to me?

Cheers,
    Ay129

6. ears

ears Portal User

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    Hi @ay129 happy to but need to know what your situation is, so it doesn't screw anything up - what upgrade path has led you to where you are?

7. ay129

ay129 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    @ears thanks for the message. Yes, I upgraded from 1.7.1 hotfix to 1.8.0. Reading previous posts I see that because I am on 1.8.0 I can't just run your installer and will need SQL tweaks as well.

8. ears

ears Portal User

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    True! You can run the installer, you'll just need to do the SQL tweaks afterwards. Are you comfortable with running a couple of MySQL queries against the database?

9. ears

ears Portal User

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    Edited because I didn't read the thread properly.

10. ay129

ay129 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    I have No problems running some SQL on the database and know how to do this. I Just don't have the script or knowledge of what updates are needed

11. Iceman89610

Iceman89610 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Home Country:
    Do we have any updates on this? I installed it on a completely fresh system over the weekend and it wouldn't even grab the epg feed. This is a vital part of the system that needs to work imo as it provides a lot more functionality than standard mepo on its own. I mean, if standard mepo had series link then this plugin would be dead in the water but until that happens, we need this to work reliably.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!