Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (2 Viewers)

Pseudomax

Portal Member
January 11, 2015
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi

I have just lost my ability to use DJBlu EPG plugin. No obvious cause, but no longer getting updates. I am relatively new user (since the beginning of the year). However it has been working flawlessly since installing on a Win7 HTPC. I use MP1.10 and I have also tried reinstalling. When I go to the plugin I try to check settings, stop & start server, grab the data ... at this point it crashes the TV Server (everytime). I then have to restart the HTPC before the 'Grab Now actually works again.

Not sure what cause this ... I did note a very recent Windows Update ... but I was using 7 days on the EPG ... which I think means that this might have stopped working last week?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Adam86

Portal Pro
April 19, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Sounds like you havent put the Sky Grabber build on to me and that you have put the original MediaPortal build on - to my knoweledge a 1.10 version hasnt been released yet that has the grabber functionality.

Trciky1024

Portal Member
December 12, 2012
Home Country
I seem to have a problem today in that it looks like the grabber is grabbing channels but I have only a few sky movies channels in the movies group?
Its been working great now for over 6 months. I have rebooted, manually grabbed (no errors)

Trciky1024

Portal Member
December 12, 2012
Home Country
ok after repairing TV service nothing seems to be fixing it, but just manually cleared all channels from TV and Radio and now collecting ok.

Pseudomax

Portal Member
January 11, 2015
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Ok, just to close the loop ... I completely uninstalled MediaPortal (after exporting all but my settings) ... downloaded the patched version of MP1.10 and reinstalled (then importing all but settings). It appears to be working now.

I think when I originally installed everything I didn't both understand the setup and/or have updated components ... so I was using MP1.10 (unpatched) and DJBlu 1.8 as well as TVserverXBMC ...

Everything has been working but something changed in the last week that broke it! All fixed ... thanks to all above

PJHanson

Portal Member
March 27, 2015
Home Country
European Union European Union
I'm having nothing but trouble with this, and hopefully someone here can help.

Ideally, I'd like to use this plugin to properly populate the Freesat EPG on my two Kodi boxes (one of them being the same box that Mediaportal is running on, the other being an OpenELEC install in another room). I can scan for channels using the built-in interface within Mediaportal and my Hauppauge HVR-4400 will oblige and populate my channel listings with every channel available at 28.2E. Everything ends up listed as channel 10000; I gather that there is some manner of issue with extracting channel numbers from the transport stream in Mediaportal, and this is part of the reason why I'd like to use this plugin.

Whenever I attempt to grab channel info using this plugin, it returns a 'NoSignalDetected' error. Another thing that bugs me is that altering the settings in the 'Cards/Mapping' tab doesn't actually alter the settings that the plugin uses to scan; to alter them, I have to manually adjust the 'Sky UK Grabber' channel in my Radio Channels list. Still no luck, regardless of what settings I use.

I fear there is something obvious I'm missing here. I'm using Mediaportal 1.10 with 1.4.0.6 of Sky UK Grabber, and have attached a copy of the log file in the hopes that someone might be able to work out what's going wrong. For anyone that takes the time to look at it, note that I am well aware that I am currently attempting to grab the Sky EPG data rather than the Freesat data; I'm doing this deliberately while I try to get this to work and will switch to the Freesat EPG when I'm confident that I've fixed everything that is currently preventing it from working. I assume that the settings I'm using are correct and that the Sky EPG isn't located on an entirely different frequency/transponder!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom