Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (5 Viewers)

CSerpent

April 15, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all

I've got an ML110 G7 which I've got an S482 installed. The card is seen fine in Windows and when you run TV Server Config (I've use the March 2015 build of MP/Sky), the card is seen, and it grabs all the muxes, channels, EPG etc. and populates the channel list.

All seems fine, until you go to view a channel. If you go into TV Server Config, select an unscrambled channel from the list and preview after a slight delay the popup box comes up with Preview Failed: UnknownError

I thought this was related to the card, however I did a separate drive build of Kodibuntu, and the channels all displayed properly.

I've tried forcing PCIe v1 and PCIe v2 under the BIOS to no avail and I'm absolutely at a loss for which way to go now.

Also to note I've rebuilt it on a separate drive with Server 2012 R2 in case it was Win8.1 related, logs attached. I asked on the main TV Card forum but got told to come here instead!

Any suggestions?

PJHanson

Portal Member
March 27, 2015
Home Country
European Union European Union
It's been a while, but I figured I'd come back to this after having made a little (although not enough) progress.

I've uninstalled MP TV Server and gone back to the custom build of 1.6 featured in the first post of this thread. I've also reinstalled the plugin and it's necessary files as per the guide, but I'm still having trouble getting the Freesat EPG grabbing to work. It's a different problem now to what I had before, however.

Firstly, I've rescanned all available channels using MediaPortals scanning interface, and everything I would expect to find at 28.2E has appeared. Crucially, Freesat Info is listed as a radio channel with the following characteristics:

DiSEqC: None
Frequency: 11428000kHz
Symbol Rate: 27500
Polarisation: Horizontal
Modulation: Not Set
Inner FEC Rate: Not Set
Pilot: Not Set
Roll-Off: Not Set
Network ID: 59
Transport ID: 2315
Service ID: 10530
PMT PID: 3600
Provider: Freesat
Free To Air: Ticked

I've checked these details against the listings on KingOfSat and they match up. The same settings (where appropriate) are also specified in the Cards/Mapping tab of the Sky UK Grabber settings.

However, whenever I try to grab the data it returns a 'NoVideoAudioDetected' error after 15 seconds. TVService.log (attached) confirms that the grabber is successfully tuning in and reading the PMT, and is also returning a valid audio PID on the channel at hex E13 (decimal 3603, which matches with what's listed on KingOfSat), but for some reason is failing to tune it in. Not sure why it needs to read the audio in order to grab the data, but the specifics of how these things elude me at times. I'm a broadcast engineer so I ought to know, but never mind.

Any suggestions? Do let me know if more info is needed.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Any suggestions?
    End of the log shows:
    [2015-05-10 10:53:15,293] [Log ] [28 ] [INFO ] - card: WaitForRecordingFile - no audio was found after 15.0038582 seconds

...but just above that:
    [2015-05-10 10:53:00,254] [Log ] [28 ] [DEBUG] - Controller: Error "The process cannot access the file 'G:\Timeshift\live5-0.ts.tsbuffer' because it is being used by another process." on delete in CleanTimeshiftFiles

Have you got that file open with some other application?

PJHanson

Portal Member
    March 27, 2015
    Home Country
    Not that I know of. I've unshared the folder (it was set as a Windows share so that recordings could be accessed over the network if need be) and double-checked the read/write permissions, and doesn't appear to be registering that error any more. Still getting the same NoVideoAudioDetected error in the grabber though.

PJHanson

Portal Member
    March 27, 2015
    Home Country
    It seems as though the issue here is that, for whatever reason, the plugin can't handle the Freesat EPG feed. I put the settings for the Sky EPG in to test and it works perfectly. It's not ideal but it'll do fine for now.

Michael015

Portal Member
    August 21, 2014
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    In regards to the automatic scheduler to update the EPG not working, I just wanted to give an update if anyone else ever has the same issue as I had (I notice some people have had this also). I had this issue which try as I might I could never get the automatic EPG to update and had to always manually update. I recently did some windows update and now it works on its own :)

I think the update that did it for me was Server 2008 SP1 (I am running SBS 2011) or could of been a .net update. So if all else fails try windows updates you might get lucky.

Michael.

mattpwill

Portal Member
    July 17, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Having a crash problem every time when trying to do a grab, it must have started within the last week and I have no idea what caused it. Could anyone help please? This is the message I get:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: SetupTv.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 1.11.0.0
    Problem Signature 03: 55092439
    Problem Signature 04: Custom Data Grabber
    Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.3
    Problem Signature 06: 4e5261dd
    Problem Signature 07: 1d
    Problem Signature 08: 0
    Problem Signature 09: System.MissingMethodException
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Thanks for any help

Matt

Sepulchre

Portal Pro
    July 17, 2010
    Is it possible to use this with only the EPG grabbing function? I'm asking as I've just made a fresh install of v1.12 and note this is not yet updated for that version. Thanks!

karl10247

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi all, I was going to give the modified 1.6 a try but the links on the first page are broken

Anyone have working links for me to use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom