Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (4 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm also going to remove the O/S check for server machines as it is bugging me that I have to constantly press ok before TVE3 will load, unless anyone else has an objection to this.
    Not in public builds please. Fine to remove for private builds for yourself.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm also going to remove the O/S check for server machines as it is bugging me that I have to constantly press ok before TVE3 will load, unless anyone else has an objection to this.
    Not in public builds please. Fine to remove for private builds for yourself.
    Hey MM ok, so this applies to all custom modified version released to the public? Just so I don't come a cropper elsewhere, is there a list of do/don'ts for public builds (modified or not)?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey MM ok, so this applies to all custom modified version released to the public?
    Yes please. It's just a support thing. We get enough requests for server OS support even with the notice. I note that I also remove the nag in my private builds (running XP).

Just so I don't come a cropper elsewhere, is there a list of do/don'ts for public builds (modified or not)?
    No, there's no list, and nobody's coming after you with a stick. :D
    It wouldn't have been a huge deal if you had released such a build. Just happened to notice your comment and thought "hmmm, would that be for the best".

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    All good buddy, I have enough people chasing me with rather large sticks in my day job... Don't need any more virtual ones.

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Guys, for some reason my epg is not updating. It's set to run every hour and there is a programme on tonight which I know is there as it's on my parents sky boxes but mepo isn't updating to reflect it. I'm also running windows mce7 on the same machine for testing purposes and if I run epg collector I'm getting the correct listing. Is there something I've forgotten to tick/untick??

Thanks in advance.

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    Do I really need to scan for channels again? I've got the Sky UK Grabber enabled in plugins, it scan the channels, grabs the logos and updates the epg. It's set to do this every hour. Nothing is enabled under DVB EPG. If I click grab it does it's thing and I get listings but it's not running every hour as asked to.

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    I must of misread it your post :oops:, I thought you wanted updates for changes to the schedule and then a manual grab would have let you see the changes immediately. You'll need to post your logs for someone to try and figure out why it isn't grabbing automatically.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Guys, for some reason my epg is not updating. It's set to run every hour and there is a programme on tonight which I know is there as it's on my parents sky boxes but mepo isn't updating to reflect it. I'm also running windows mce7 on the same machine for testing purposes and if I run epg collector I'm getting the correct listing. Is there something I've forgotten to tick/untick??

Thanks in advance.
    Logs please. Also, has it removed all the EPG entries or just some haven't updated? I get the issue that every now and then the epg 'loses' some data due to index out of range errors to the static coded length to find the events. This is something that I want to update once I get my dev system back up!

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just a heads up. MP1.8 is likely to be out soon and I will be updating to 1.8 once I've recovered a hdd with my dev work on it, don't worry its all on github, but my isos for vs2012 are not! If someone wants to update before, they're more than welcome!

chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom