Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (3 Viewers)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
OK then here's a first version if anyone's brave and fancies testing it. The file upload thing wouldn't let me upload exe's so I've zipped the TV server and mediaportal installers into the attached zip file.

Please be careful. Although the code contained within this installer was created by talented, dilligent individuals, it was merged, compiled and built by a bumbling clown. Please back up your database and user data before using it.

I had installed 1.8.0 official then installed these over the top. Apart from a slow EPG import (which did complete successfully) I can see no obvious issues. I'm going to try taking the innodb_file_format=Barracuda config (see below) back out of MySQL now as it should no longer be required, to see if things speed up again.

If, once you're up and running, you get an error almost immediately after starting an update, and the error in the TVServer error log relates to columns including SeriesId missing from the Program table, it's likely that the SQL update script didn't run on your MySQL database. If this is the case
  • find your MySQL ini (called my.ini) file (in later versions of Windows it'll be in c:\program data\MySQL\<MySQL version>\ - on your TV Server machine
  • Edit it in notepad. Somewhere in the innodb section, I don't think it matters where - I added it at the bottom of that section - add the line innodb_file_format=Barracuda
  • Stop and restart the MySQL service (or just reboot your machine if you're not sure how to do this)
  • Run the attached TV Server installer again
  • Once the installer has run, and your TV server is running properly, you can remove or comment out (place a # at the start of the line) the innodb modification, I don't think it'll be required
Doesn't work for me. :(

I wasn't doing an upgrade, just a straight 1.8.0 TV Server install. I used the official installer, then your TV Server installer, but I can't tune to any channels ("unknown error has occured"), although a transponder scan works fine. I also can't delete any channels.

I saw I had the seriesId errors in the logs so I tried adding the line you said to my.ini and running your installer again but it didn't solve anything.

Last edited:

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
It installed MySQL 5.6 by default. I rebooted between those two steps since I needed to reboot for something else anyway. I have 1.7.1 all working right now so I might try an upgrade to 1.8.0 from there.

ears

Portal Member
October 7, 2008
Were you upgrading or installing afresh? There are 2 bits of SQL I had to manually merge in order for this to work. I'm wondering if I merge them the other way, so the seriesId and various columns are created before the 5.6 update, the MySQL tweak may not be required.

It's imperative, though, that the MySQL service is stopped and started after you tweak the my.ini and before you re-run the installer, as the changes you make in that file won't take effect until the service is restarted.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
I already said it was a clean install.

I just upgraded my working 1.7.1 to 1.8.0 by running the TV Server installer you provided and it looks to be working now. Just need to upgrade my clients and test them...

ears

Portal Member
October 7, 2008
Keep going with the Freeview EPG too - I have both the MP native EPG grabbing, and Sky grabber for satellite working happily alongside each other.

ears

Portal Member
October 7, 2008
A quick update - the MySQL 5.6 that's installed as part of MP 1.8.0 is not the same as the MySQL 5.6 I installed manually. The my.ini config files are quite different. I'll look into the differences and post back. Swapping the SQL statements in the project merge didn't work.

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
A quick update - the MySQL 5.6 that's installed as part of MP 1.8.0 is not the same as the MySQL 5.6 I installed manually. The my.ini config files are quite different. I'll look into the differences and post back. Swapping the SQL statements in the project merge didn't work.

So is this worth installing or hold off until changes are made?

ears

Portal Member
October 7, 2008
I'd be happy upgrading. Especially if you are upgrading, not installing afresh, as the database columns will be there already. When you've upgraded from previous versions have your series link settings come across or have you had to set them all up again?

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Upgrading is fine. I did mine last night and left it running over night. No issues with the database, epg grab or channel tunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom