Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (5 Viewers)

onetoomany

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
UK
I've got problems with Channel 4 HD - a few days ago it moved across to Astra 1N. DJBlu's pluging picked up this move fine to 11126500, but the channel fails with PMT not found issue. Its PMT PID is 0 in the channel settings.

My cards require the modulation for SD channels to be Not Set, but require it to be set for the HD channels. My usual solution is to try to delete the problem channel and do a manual scan but this fails to even find it! Ditto for manually changing the modulation to Not Set.

Has anyone else got any issues with this move?

R

Try this,

delete all channel4 hd channels.

Set the modulation in the settings of the plugin.

sd modulation not set.
leave the hd deselected.

Run a manual scan.

Deleted C4HD and manual scan - no C4HD found. Bit of googling, and it seems that my skystar HD2 cannot do 8PSK - arrgh!

R

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi DJBlu,
    Quick question... What are the best settings to use if (like me), you have a custom channel setup (so not using the Sky layout - I have a mixed freeview/freesat setup with combined channels), but you want the plugin to update any moved channels etc? I currently have the channel update option disabled because when I first set things up I could not get it to leave my custom layout alone, but I suspect that this was because the configuration changes I had made had not been saved due to a big (now fixed), in the plug-in. So I'd like to try this again (and given that channel 4hd has moved this is a good time to test it)...

Thanks

Andy

kaisersose

Portal Member
    December 1, 2006
    Can the epg thats downloaded by this, be read by fortherecord?

Not working for me but I have just started using mediaportal again after years away.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country

Not working for me but I have just started using mediaportal again after years away.

Not an expert on 4therecord but if it can use the TV Server EPG then yes you can use this to update the EPG.

Just ensure you have only EPG update selected in the settings.

kaisersose

Portal Member
    December 1, 2006

Not an expert on 4therecord but if it can use the TV Server EPG then yes you can use this to update the EPG.

Just ensure you have only EPG update selected in the settings.

thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately it's not pulling in the epg for some reason. The reason i want to use 4therecord is that i previously used a linux program called tvheadend that was great for scheduling recordings through a web browser and 4therecord seems to be the closest thing to that.

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Hi all

Installed MP fresh, done the db reset a couple of threads back (required as unknown error occurs).
    Seems to be pulling in data, I increased the grab time to 100, it still scans for 60 (default) seconds though.

Ian

onetoomany

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    UK
    I've got problems with Channel 4 HD - a few days ago it moved across to Astra 1N. DJBlu's pluging picked up this move fine to 11126500, but the channel fails with PMT not found issue. Its PMT PID is 0 in the channel settings.

My cards require the modulation for SD channels to be Not Set, but require it to be set for the HD channels. My usual solution is to try to delete the problem channel and do a manual scan but this fails to even find it! Ditto for manually changing the modulation to Not Set.

Has anyone else got any issues with this move?

R

Try this,

delete all channel4 hd channels.

Set the modulation in the settings of the plugin.

sd modulation not set.
    leave the hd deselected.

Run a manual scan.

Deleted C4HD and manual scan - no C4HD found. Bit of googling, and it seems that my skystar HD2 cannot do 8PSK - arrgh!

R

Several server resets while the wife is trying to watch TV does not make for a happy wife...

I discovered something wierd about what my card likes for HD channel modulation:
    BBC One & BBC HD - QPSK
    Channel 4 HD - 8PSK
    ITV HD & NHK HD - Not Set
    Note - none of these are the HD equivalent (ie. QPSK2, 8PSK2). DJBlu's plugin picks either Not Set or the QPSK2 / 8PSK2 modulation in the scan, leading to half my HD channels erroring with "PMT Pid wasn't found on the PAT".

I've got SD as modulation not set but unticked for HD channels.

Not quite sure what is happening, but there seems to be something odd about the selection of modulation types for my card on the scan.

R

IanJ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Several server resets while the wife is trying to watch TV does not make for a happy wife...

I discovered something wierd about what my card likes for HD channel modulation:
    BBC One & BBC HD - QPSK
    Channel 4 HD - 8PSK
    ITV HD & NHK HD - Not Set
    Note - none of these are the HD equivalent (ie. QPSK2, 8PSK2). DJBlu's plugin picks either Not Set or the QPSK2 / 8PSK2 modulation in the scan, leading to half my HD channels erroring with "PMT Pid wasn't found on the PAT".

I've got SD as modulation not set but unticked for HD channels.

Not quite sure what is happening, but there seems to be something odd about the selection of modulation types for my card on the scan.

R

I googled this just to see what I could find.....and what I think some folks are saying is:-

Channel 4 HD = 8PSK
    Channel 4 hd = QPSK or QPSK2

Whether this is a temporary overlap as C4HD migrates to the new transponder (Astra 1N) or whether this is permanent dual transmission due to older SKY boxes possibly not supporting 8PSK............I'm not sure.
    They are also saying that ITV is to follow onto 1N and thus 8PSK. This quoted from an email from SKY I believe.

Dig here: Astra 1N - Any News ? - Freesat - Digital Spy Forums

Ian.

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    It seems that both 5 USA and 5* are also now on astra 1N. The entry from the grabber says they are encrypted but if you mark them manually as free to air they work fine... I think that they are officially free to air in a few days, so the setting may change then...

Andy

clarkey2r

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi

I keep getting my TVserivce crashing, I think its related to the EPG grab(s) after the inital install. I get the below error in my event logs. I have googled for a solution and from what I can see its a corruption in the DB but I have dropped the DB countless times and even reinstalled mySql a few times! Any ideas?

The description for Event ID 100 from source MySQL cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin\mysqld.exe: Sort aborted

The specified image file did not contain a resource section

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom