Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (4 Viewers)

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I just wish i knew more in regards to merging etc and im just looking for the most stable latest version i can find as i love the new version :)

Thanks for the update am as i say using code from a couple of days ago but do miss the series link so will install this asap :)

Ensure you have git and tortoise git installed.

Create a git clone of the master
Right click this folder. Click TortoiseGit-->Merge
Select the EXP-Custom.Grabber.and.Series.Link.1.3.0.RC
Click OK

As long as there are no major changes to the TV Library then all should be fine. Then do the following to get your installers.

Install NSIS. Search google or click here.
You will need to set up your machine to build the DirectShowFilters. Follow the VS Environment Setup instructions in the directshowfilter directory (a high speed internet connection is needed as you need 2 large files)

Build the TSWriter(release)
Build the TV Plugin(release)
Run the MSBUILD_Rebuild_Release_MediaPortal.bat in the build directory
Run the MSBUILD_Rebuild_Release_TVServer_Client.bat in the build directory

There should be 2 new files in the release folder.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
June 17, 2011
Home Country
wow now that i will keep and have a try with many thanks, i know you are always quick with releases but im always interested in how things are done behind the scenes and this will be a great place to start ty (y)

oh and thanks for info on when compiled from :)

all installed and configured and channels sorted into my groups etc and all seems good so far will post if any issues.

Been meaning to ask and probably a simple answer but, once all schedules and channels sorted etc if i then export them all can i use them when a new version of your plugin is released to save me sorting them every time? or will it be best to resort etc from scratch with a new install?

Last edited:

spacemanc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2011
    All is working fine with the latest version, so thanks for that DJBlu.

I still got the EPG bug with the Channel 4 group channels. The channels missing EPG details, were Channel 4 +1, E4 +1, More4 and possibly 4seven. I did manage to get around it by selecting the Sky versions of the channels (decrypted) which had been unticked after running the grabber, but the Sky versions don't seem to download their Logos? Obviously it's not a major issue, so hopefully I can leave MePo alone now until v1.4 !

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country

I still got the EPG bug with the Channel 4 group channels. The channels missing EPG details, were Channel 4 +1, E4 +1, More4 and possibly 4seven. I did manage to get around it by selecting the Sky versions of the channels (decrypted) which had been unticked after running the grabber, but the Sky versions don't seem to download their Logos? Obviously it's not a major issue, so hopefully I can leave MePo alone now until v1.4 !

when you say epg bug around those channels, do you mean you dont get any epg listings for them? as i have also got latest version running and have the epg for those channels all working fine. Don`t know about logos as i use the uk logos plugin for that.

spacemanc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2011

when you say epg bug around those channels, do you mean you dont get any epg listings for them? as i have also got latest version running and have the epg for those channels all working fine. Don`t know about logos as i use the uk logos plugin for that.

The logos have since been updated - I didn't realise that the grabber only downloaded the logos for "ticked" channels (though the More4 logo is still missing for some reason - maybe it will appear later :))

I use the ITV North West Region - the correct "Channel 4 group" channels are there in the scanned channel lists, but they're unticked and not in the categories, whereas the incorrect ones are ticked and in the entertainment category. You can still watch TV on the "incorrect" channels, but there's no EPG for them.

Anyway it's easy to manually fix it.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    How long does it usually take for an updated build? I was going to try this today but now I notice 1.3.0 RC is out! :(

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Do you mean the installers listed as "1.3.0 Beta" (git-1.2.300.204)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom