Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (4 Viewers)

spacemanc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2011
    I've reverted back to my original 1.2.1 setup now, and all is working again. I really would like to have the fast changes for my TBS 6981, as this minor annoyance is the only flaw in what is otherwise a perfect system which I'm very happy with.

I think I'll wait a little while for a future release which, hopefully will be more straight forward to install.

I'm still not finding the new Sky Sports F1 HD channel on my scans - anyone else having this problem?

spacemanc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2011
    Spacemanc, I'd recommend tbs 6981 driver 2.0.0.18, change times are pretty good without the fast change mods.

Where are you getting these drivers from? On the TBS website in the downloads section, the latest driver is 2.0.1.3 . I'm using 2.0.1.5 which I found on here somewhere and the changes are a lot quicker between certain channels, but not all of them.

If you have got a link or can upload it, I'd be very grateful. After reading a little bit about the 2.0.0.18 driver, I understand that it trades a little bit of reliability for speed - have you had any issues with any channels no longer being received when using it? Thanks.

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Newer drivers have code geared for weaker signals and have an increased lock time. They told me in an email that they increased the lock times. I presume your UK so should have a fairly strong signal.

The old drivers prior to DJBlu's update check for a signal lock on DVBS first (those will be the faster channel changes you mentioned) - if it fails it then tries DVBS2.
    So when you try to tune in to BBC One HD (DVBS2) for example, it first checks for a lock on DVBS1, fails and then locks in on DVBS2.

DJBlu's new version allows Mepo to tell it to tune DVBS2 or DVBS depending on the channel, saving around 2 seconds of tune time for DVBS2 locks.

2.0.0.18 attached

Attachments

• TBS6981Driver_V2.0.0.18.zip
      1.6 MB

spacemanc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2011
    Thanks for that, I'll install it later when the other half turns off the TV!

The old drivers prior to DJBlu's update check for a signal lock on DVBS first (those will be the faster channel changes you mentioned) - if it fails it then tries DVBS2.

DJBlu's new version allows Mepo to tell it to tune DVBS2 or DVBS depending on the channel, saving around 2 seconds of tune time for DVBS2 locks.

DJBlu's new version of what? EPG Grabber? Right now I'm on 1.2.1 and in a couple of hours I'll be running the 2.0.0.18 TBS driver - do I have to install any more files? In post #1 there's mention of the various files like the TBSCI.dll but above that in red it says you need 1.2.2 for updates, and tbh I'm going to give 1.2.2 a miss for the time being.

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Thanks for that, I'll install it later when the other half turns off the TV!

DJBlu's new version of what? EPG Grabber? Right now I'm on 1.2.1 and in a couple of hours I'll be running the 2.0.0.18 TBS driver - do I have to install any more files? In post #1 there's mention of the various files like the TBSCI.dll but above that in red it says you need 1.2.2 for updates, and tbh I'm going to give 1.2.2 a miss for the time being.

DJBlu's 1.2.2 has code that tells the new TBS drivers whether the channel is DVBS or DVBS2 so that it doesn't waste time checking the wrong signal.

TBSCI is useless for 1.2.1 and for driver 2.0.0.18, so no additional files needed.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    Well, I rebuilt again from scratch. New install of Windows 7, allowed Windows 7 to install the Nvidia driver from Windows Update rather than using the one from Nvidia website.

I used the 173 files. (@DJBlu which files are you using? Or have you got some custom build on the go?)

I didn't install MD*P*. I didn't install SAF. I didn't install Security Essentials.

Same bloody problem. I therefore know I can exclude MD*P* and SAF, so installed both of those.

This morning most channels had disappeared as well - missus rang me in work to bend my ear :-(

DJBlu let me know if you get any joy with older drivers - I certainly didn't seem to..

EDIT : I could watch the football perfectly all night last night though - seems ok on the first channel it tunes after a restart, but then changing channel or trying to record one and watch another just sends it all to pot.

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Have you tried release 1.2.1 and/or 1.2.2 yet to see if it does it there?

Could also try tbsviewer to see if their program works as expected - it's an oem copy of dvbviewer.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    Have you tried release 1.2.1 and/or 1.2.2 yet to see if it does it there?

Could also try tbsviewer to see if their program works as expected - it's an oem copy of dvbviewer.

Yes, I did go back to 1.2.1 and it still did it..

I do own a copy of DVBViewer, but not used it for a long long time..

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    As in 1.2.1 with no plugins such as custom data grabber installed?

Testing dvbviewer for example, if it does it as well you can then eliminate mepo and plugins and focus on other hardware or drivers, if it doesn't do it then you know it's something in mepo

Also going back to default mepo with no plugins will help track the issue down if it is a problem with mepo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom