Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (1 Viewer)

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ok, let me explain...

Icam made those files when people were anxious for a version of the plugin that would work with 1.2.2

The DJBlu made his version which would work with 1.2.2 and he added in the fast channel change code.

The 168 version on the front page will not work with MSSQL, only MYSQL - so he then released the 173 version.

Then he fixed a bug (no key found errors) and re-released a 173 version which is found several pages back.

Yes, fast channel change only works with 6981 and 6984.

Cheers..

Mate - cant thank you enough - this is really helpful.

This was super confusing because of the numbering scheme used by DJ Blu - 1.2.0.168 / 173 suggests that the files are based on MP 1.2.0. Not to mention the ton of outdated files in the first post.

ICAM2 on the other hand had his files labelled as 1.2.2.xxxx

Thanks for this also........but begs the question - why doesn't ICAM2 start a new thread, or let DJBlu grab his source and incorporate.....and why isn't post No.1 updated with any updates. I'm sorry to sound negative, but despite these two guys FANTASTIC work I reckon for new folks coming onto this thread it would be impossible/daunting.

I LOVE MP, but open source software..........sometimes you can't give it away....:)

Ian.

ICAM didn't write anything - he just compiled the patches into the 1.2.0 trunk and gave them whatever name he liked.

The 1.2.0 confused me too, until someone explained that is how it is in the trunk.

The one and only person working on this code is DJBlu, and he has other things going on at the same time like real life and a proper job :)

I think the time he manages to spend on it is pretty awesome all things considered to be honest.

The only other person working on similar code (minus the channel grabbing) is Miroslav22.

I can't imagine Mediaportal without this code to be honest, I certainly wouldn't get the wife to accept it without series link.

I think you need to look at the fact that Mediaportal is for geeks and tinkerers (and those with a HEAP of patience!) not for the average joe who just wants to watch TV.

Regards...

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    Ok, let me explain...

Icam made those files when people were anxious for a version of the plugin that would work with 1.2.2

The DJBlu made his version which would work with 1.2.2 and he added in the fast channel change code.

The 168 version on the front page will not work with MSSQL, only MYSQL - so he then released the 173 version.

Then he fixed a bug (no key found errors) and re-released a 173 version which is found several pages back.

Yes, fast channel change only works with 6981 and 6984.

Cheers..

173 is on Page 90 of this thread to be exact. I have a 6981 on order - does the fast channel change code make a huge difference?

No, you should use the one on page 99 :-p

That had a bug fix....

DJBlu, can you post the 173 files on the first page please to avoid confusion?

Thanks!

spacemanc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2011
    I think you need to look at the fact that Mediaportal is for geeks and tinkerers (and those with a HEAP of patience!) not for the average joe who just wants to watch TV.

Regards...

You're right, but theres no need to make it more complicated than necessary.

No, you should use the one on page 99 :-p

That had a bug fix....

DJBlu, can you post the 173 files on the first page please to avoid confusion?

Thanks!

An excellent example!

clarkey2r

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2009
    Home Country
    With either of the 173 files, I get 'unable to create database' after dropping the old database. I use MS SQL.

spacemanc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2011
    With either of the 173 files, I get 'unable to create database' after dropping the old database. I use MS SQL.

You have to uninstall MSSQL/MySQL and then crucially, delete their remaining folders.

I think I still had some problems with the database even after that, but it did allow it to be created.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country

You have to uninstall MSSQL/MySQL and then crucially, delete their remaining folders.

I think I still had some problems with the database even after that, but it did allow it to be created.

I have never had to uninstall MSSQL, nor MYSQL for that matter.

Occasionally I have to actually go into MSSQL and delete the database (and tick the force close connections tick box)

IanJ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Just to keep things together here - How to delete the mySQL database:-

Stop the TV Service. Close SetupTV.
    Open MySql Command Line Client
    enter your password should be "MediaPortal"
    then type
    drop database mptvdb; [return]
    Now you can open SetupTV.

Ian.

spacemanc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2011
    Just to keep things together here - How to delete the mySQL database:-

Stop the TV Service. Close SetupTV.
    Open MySql Command Line Client
    enter your password should be "MediaPortal"
    then type
    drop database mptvdb; [return]
    Now you can open SetupTV.

Ian.

What me and others found is that dropping the database doesn't work. We had to uninstall mySQL, and then still delete the left over files and folders.

theidiot

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2009
    Did the series link and not waking to record\power scheduler problem ever get sorted? The last thing I saw on here was DJBlu saying he'd look into it. Is there a fix\work around, coz it ain't working here.

Be good if there was as they're showing the remastered original Star Trek, whole series from the begining on CBS Drama starting next Wednesday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom